Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Well, what I said was poorly worded. What Jim said is well worded.

You won’t be losing compression. You will be leaving power “on the table” as it were.

:nabble_smiley_cry:

Engine is close to being done. I have everything pretty close to done. I've got the pushrods on order after finding the length, should be here Thursday. I'll get those in, set up the guide plates and then put the intake on. Then we should be ready to go.

Engine is close to being done. I have everything pretty close to done. I've got the pushrods on order after finding the length, should be here Thursday. I'll get those in, set up the guide plates and then put the intake on. Then we should be ready to go.

Cool! When do you think you'll get to fire it up?

Cool! When do you think you'll get to fire it up?

I'm hoping the 13th or 20th, depending when I can get a couple people over to do the swap in a day. Tried the pushrods tonight and they are a bit low on the valve stem, but on a normal lifter they should be fine. My makeshift solid lifter is a little high, I cant get the retainer back in the lifter, just barely though, so like I said it should even itself out nicely. Time to get some oil and soak the rockers and get that valvetrain and intake on.

I'm hoping the 13th or 20th, depending when I can get a couple people over to do the swap in a day. Tried the pushrods tonight and they are a bit low on the valve stem, but on a normal lifter they should be fine. My makeshift solid lifter is a little high, I cant get the retainer back in the lifter, just barely though, so like I said it should even itself out nicely. Time to get some oil and soak the rockers and get that valvetrain and intake on.

It'll be great! Just take it slow and check everything. Don't want to have a radiator hose come off during break in. :nabble_smiley_wink:

It'll be great! Just take it slow and check everything. Don't want to have a radiator hose come off during break in. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So I went to prime it last night and was wondering about lifters. One of them squirts oil like a geyser, the others just roll out. I just put some pushrods in there and it did roll out the top on all of them. I switched that lifter in different bores and different sides and it's just that lifter. Also not sure if it's full of oil completely. I put a quart in for sure and then maybe half of the jug, I have the rockers soaking in the bottom half of the jug. Is it a problem really if the others are still getting oil up to the pushrods? Just wondering if they should all be like the geyser/maybe too low of oil?/if it'll be all good when the engine is actually running and spinning the motor with the rockers and everything on. Also spun the engine over a little while priming and no change still that same lifter.

Looks good! I'll bet you can't wait. Hope it goes really well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Got it in and fired up! Got it in yesterday but had something later that night so quit on it for the day yesterday. Got one header on and the other on today. Still don't have front/radiator on so still more to be done but I heard it run at least. Started it up for a few seconds just to hear it, no idea on timing and all that but it makes noise at least haha.

One problem I've found is water pump pulley spacing. I used the 97 F250 timing cover. I knew the first time I got a water pump I got it for a 82 Bronco and then I found out that the engine was not from a Bronco as then the brackets wouldn't even fit. I checked the thickness of the bolt holes on the water pump and all checked out there between the one that I have for the accessories and the later 97. The timing cover had different ports though, which is why I decided to go with the 97, instead of getting the Bronco motor out, taking that timing cover off, swapping etc... So went to put the pulley on and only half the threads are showing so I'll have to figure out something there..

Here's a short video of it running

Got it in and fired up! Got it in yesterday but had something later that night so quit on it for the day yesterday. Got one header on and the other on today. Still don't have front/radiator on so still more to be done but I heard it run at least. Started it up for a few seconds just to hear it, no idea on timing and all that but it makes noise at least haha.

One problem I've found is water pump pulley spacing. I used the 97 F250 timing cover. I knew the first time I got a water pump I got it for a 82 Bronco and then I found out that the engine was not from a Bronco as then the brackets wouldn't even fit. I checked the thickness of the bolt holes on the water pump and all checked out there between the one that I have for the accessories and the later 97. The timing cover had different ports though, which is why I decided to go with the 97, instead of getting the Bronco motor out, taking that timing cover off, swapping etc... So went to put the pulley on and only half the threads are showing so I'll have to figure out something there..

Here's a short video of it running

Its alive!!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Glad you got it going. I don't know anything about the different brackets and water pumps or pulleys, but I'll bet you figure it out. :nabble_smiley_good: