Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Hope you used the Hi PO needle paint other wise you may not see them at night depending on the color LED's you used.

Dave ----

Snapchat-1556669135.jpg.22dff9f4174bc7f5292083601ca9cc08.jpg

20210621_201440.jpg.948f1ebf113476a97a74ce9e67962d5d.jpgSnapchat-406026753.jpg.1dfcbbd7a639da792746ee22003f320f.jpg

Got some pics finally and some updates.

The controls for the vent seem to have a leak. I did see the rod move, from where I have no idea. Then I tried recording it to see what it would do in each position and then nothing. I got out and took the hose off and tried to suck on it and it never built vacuum so.

I guess my headlight switch may be out. Dash lights don't work in pulled all the way out but do pushed in once. May try one off the parts truck and see what goes on

The controls for the vent seem to have a leak. I did see the rod move, from where I have no idea. Then I tried recording it to see what it would do in each position and then nothing. I got out and took the hose off and tried to suck on it and it never built vacuum so.

I guess my headlight switch may be out. Dash lights don't work in pulled all the way out but do pushed in once. May try one off the parts truck and see what goes on

Looks nice! Did you use LED’s?

Sorry, if you said I don’t remember.

Gauges and lighting look great! :nabble_anim_claps:

On the vacuum, there's a connector roughly behind the glove box. Pull it apart and check for leaks from that point.

Looks nice! Did you use LED’s?

Sorry, if you said I don’t remember.

Didn't truly say but yes, cool white LEDs.

I'm going to do a smoke test on just that today and see where it's from. I tried all the connectors and they seemed to be on but I guess we'll see from the test.

Gauges and lighting look great! :nabble_anim_claps:

On the vacuum, there's a connector roughly behind the glove box. Pull it apart and check for leaks from that point.

Can there be a leak within the module itself? It looks like it's coming from the middle of it. I did press the connector on the back to see and I didn't see anymore so I started it up to see if it would move but no luck and I think I heard actually the slight leak.

Can there be a leak within the module itself? It looks like it's coming from the middle of it. I did press the connector on the back to see and I didn't see anymore so I started it up to see if it would move but no luck and I think I heard actually the slight leak.

Yes, it can be within the module itself. I once took one apart, cleaned it, lubed it, and then glued it back together - and it worked!

Yes, it can be within the module itself. I once took one apart, cleaned it, lubed it, and then glued it back together - and it worked!

Might have to try that. Do you remember how hard it was? I just feel like there probably aren't that many AC, mix, rear window Bronco heater controls out there.. I looked up some and didn't realize that there was just AC, vent, and Defrost ones too.. I have vent, AC, Max, Mix, Floor, Defrost

I would think that would work since mine works sometimes.

Might have to try that. Do you remember how hard it was? I just feel like there probably aren't that many AC, mix, rear window Bronco heater controls out there.. I looked up some and didn't realize that there was just AC, vent, and Defrost ones too.. I have vent, AC, Max, Mix, Floor, Defrost

Mine was gunked up and cracked. I think I got my replacement valve assembly from Dennis carpenter. You keep the existing facia.

I don't think it was all that hard. I think I had to cut off or drill out some melted-over plastic rivets, and then probably drilled and tapped them and used small screws to put it back together. And silicone spray as the lubricant.