Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Yes, 5 psi ought to be plenty. And 3 should work just fine as well for most things.

Another thing I have noticed is dash lights. I barely see mine at all. It wasn't totally dark out, but pretty dark out from raining in the evening and I couldn't see any light coming out while they were on full brightness. I guess I'll probably replace those too. Does anyone have a number for the bulbs?

Another thing I have noticed is dash lights. I barely see mine at all. It wasn't totally dark out, but pretty dark out from raining in the evening and I couldn't see any light coming out while they were on full brightness. I guess I'll probably replace those too. Does anyone have a number for the bulbs?

You might want to read this thread: Instrument Lighting & Paint Testing.

Ford used some blue filters on the bulbs and the filters are, by now, almost opaque. Bill of HiPo Parts says you can polish them and make them translucent again, but most people just take them out.

Then, while you are in there as it is a pain to get there, I'd put in LEDs instead of the bulbs. HiPo's LED's that I used are far brighter and give a crisp white light. But you might like a different color.

You might want to read this thread: Instrument Lighting & Paint Testing.

Ford used some blue filters on the bulbs and the filters are, by now, almost opaque. Bill of HiPo Parts says you can polish them and make them translucent again, but most people just take them out.

Then, while you are in there as it is a pain to get there, I'd put in LEDs instead of the bulbs. HiPo's LED's that I used are far brighter and give a crisp white light. But you might like a different color.

I saw a few pics of cool white and thought that looked best too me. Will probably get some lights and some paint to get the needles done too.

I would think being a couple of quarts low could mean the torque converter might be low, and that could make it slip more. Dunno, just thinking.

How does the rear panel come off of the tailgate? Is there anything you can do for the black stripe or once it's gone, it's gone? Didn't know if it was replaceable somehow.

You'll be adjusting everything now. But at least it'll run much better at idle. May not make much difference elsewhere, but surely will at idle.

So my speedometer bounces pretty good after hooking it back up. I'm just going to replace cable and gear. I really think it's the gear but the cable is cheap anyways. The gear is pretty stiff when turning so.

You have less teeth when you go to a bigger tire correct? Probably isn't a huge difference but if I'm going to buy a gear anyways.

I tried using the calculator and it did work for me when I tried it first but now I can't get it to work.

So my speedometer bounces pretty good after hooking it back up. I'm just going to replace cable and gear. I really think it's the gear but the cable is cheap anyways. The gear is pretty stiff when turning so.

You have less teeth when you go to a bigger tire correct? Probably isn't a huge difference but if I'm going to buy a gear anyways.

I tried using the calculator and it did work for me when I tried it first but now I can't get it to work.

On my tailgate there are Phillips headed screws that go into studs on the trim panel. You'll find the screws on the front of the tailgate.

On the speedo, I got a lot of the bouncing out of mine by lubing the cable with synthetic wheel bearing grease. I had used Teflon and graphite spray lube initially on the new cable, but the speedo had a lot of bounce to it. However, the grease did help.

As for the calculator, I don't know why you can't change the tire size like you should be able to do. But I'm working on it. :nabble_anim_working:

And you are right, larger tires require a smaller driven gear.

On my tailgate there are Phillips headed screws that go into studs on the trim panel. You'll find the screws on the front of the tailgate.

On the speedo, I got a lot of the bouncing out of mine by lubing the cable with synthetic wheel bearing grease. I had used Teflon and graphite spray lube initially on the new cable, but the speedo had a lot of bounce to it. However, the grease did help.

As for the calculator, I don't know why you can't change the tire size like you should be able to do. But I'm working on it. :nabble_anim_working:

And you are right, larger tires require a smaller driven gear.

Ok, try the "Comparative" calculator now. Somehow the ability to type in the cells had been turned off. :nabble_anim_confused:

Ok, try the "Comparative" calculator now. Somehow the ability to type in the cells had been turned off. :nabble_anim_confused:

Well that's interesting haha.

It only bounces under 20mph, after that it's steady. I just noticed it driving around the yard yesterday and took it on the highway a bit ago to see about the transmission.

If my app is right, the speedo says 60mph and I'm actually going 75mph sooo just a tiinyyy difference that will need to be adjusted haha.

Got back and checked on the transmission dipstick, still wasn't anything there.. I put 6 in it, got another 3 and put those 2 in. I just put the 3rd one in and shut it off for the day. I guess I'm just a little surprised it's taken this many quarts... or a lot more drained out during the shift kit than I thought.

Well that's interesting haha.

It only bounces under 20mph, after that it's steady. I just noticed it driving around the yard yesterday and took it on the highway a bit ago to see about the transmission.

If my app is right, the speedo says 60mph and I'm actually going 75mph sooo just a tiinyyy difference that will need to be adjusted haha.

Got back and checked on the transmission dipstick, still wasn't anything there.. I put 6 in it, got another 3 and put those 2 in. I just put the 3rd one in and shut it off for the day. I guess I'm just a little surprised it's taken this many quarts... or a lot more drained out during the shift kit than I thought.

Yeah, that might take a bit different gear. :nabble_smiley_wink: