Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

I'll hope with you. New fluid can make them much better.

It wasn't ever bad, it had some hesitation going into reverse sometimes but driving always was good. I'm sure it was low and that nasty fluid didn't help but I'm excited/interested to see how much firmer the shifts are.

It wasn't ever bad, it had some hesitation going into reverse sometimes but driving always was good. I'm sure it was low and that nasty fluid didn't help but I'm excited/interested to see how much firmer the shifts are.

Another thing done.

Added the fuel pressure regulator. Turned it all the way just to see what the pump put out. If you all may recall, the Edelbrock tech said it was completely fine without a regulator, I found the instructions to the pump about a month ago and it said that a regulator was for sure needed. Well I now have my answer. I'll fill up fluids tomorrow and start it and adjust the pressure.

Screenshot_20210605-192527_Snapchat.jpg.828f1bb51bf22bb854f4fc3d8d55dee1.jpg

Another thing done.

Added the fuel pressure regulator. Turned it all the way just to see what the pump put out. If you all may recall, the Edelbrock tech said it was completely fine without a regulator, I found the instructions to the pump about a month ago and it said that a regulator was for sure needed. Well I now have my answer. I'll fill up fluids tomorrow and start it and adjust the pressure.

Man, that's going to make a big difference! Eddy's don't like more that 6 psi or the fuel level may creep up at idle, making the AFR go rich. In fact, it can go so high that fuel spills into the throttle bores. So you want to keep the pressure down. I set mine to 5 1/2 psi.

Man, that's going to make a big difference! Eddy's don't like more that 6 psi or the fuel level may creep up at idle, making the AFR go rich. In fact, it can go so high that fuel spills into the throttle bores. So you want to keep the pressure down. I set mine to 5 1/2 psi.

I've been able to keep the choke open for awhile, give it a pump, and it'll idle on its own on this hotter weather. Cooler was still one pump and me having to keep my foot on the pedal for 30 seconds. I've suspected its been very high with the adjustments I get out of the fuel screws and not needing the choke at all..

I've been able to keep the choke open for awhile, give it a pump, and it'll idle on its own on this hotter weather. Cooler was still one pump and me having to keep my foot on the pedal for 30 seconds. I've suspected its been very high with the adjustments I get out of the fuel screws and not needing the choke at all..

You'll be adjusting everything now. But at least it'll run much better at idle. May not make much difference elsewhere, but surely will at idle.

You'll be adjusting everything now. But at least it'll run much better at idle. May not make much difference elsewhere, but surely will at idle.

That's what I'm hoping. Hoping to get a bit more adjustability on idle, still sounds a bit too high.

Well put some fluid in and started it up. Was a but different but seemed more peppy in park revving it up. Still low on fluid, probably a couple quarts, I'm sure from filling the valve body and where ever it leaked out of during that whole time.

Overall seems good, need to get more fluid in to be sure but I feel a slight difference, we'll see if full fluid makes a huge difference or not. Seems a bit more "free" too. Feels like it pulls a little bit more, not much but like I said doesn't seem to be "held back" if you will.

Well put some fluid in and started it up. Was a but different but seemed more peppy in park revving it up. Still low on fluid, probably a couple quarts, I'm sure from filling the valve body and where ever it leaked out of during that whole time.

Overall seems good, need to get more fluid in to be sure but I feel a slight difference, we'll see if full fluid makes a huge difference or not. Seems a bit more "free" too. Feels like it pulls a little bit more, not much but like I said doesn't seem to be "held back" if you will.

I would think being a couple of quarts low could mean the torque converter might be low, and that could make it slip more. Dunno, just thinking.

I would think being a couple of quarts low could mean the torque converter might be low, and that could make it slip more. Dunno, just thinking.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Couple more quarts will give it the proper pressures and it may shift harder.

The regulator was at 3 psi when I first started it this morning and it was all good. The majority said that Edelbrocks like 4.5-5.5 so I split the difference and bumped it up to 5. I'll actually adjust everything later this week

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Couple more quarts will give it the proper pressures and it may shift harder.

The regulator was at 3 psi when I first started it this morning and it was all good. The majority said that Edelbrocks like 4.5-5.5 so I split the difference and bumped it up to 5. I'll actually adjust everything later this week

Yes, 5 psi ought to be plenty. And 3 should work just fine as well for most things.