Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Current plans before I get it all registered and plates to drive.

Swap out the fuel tank, change ATF/install the shift kit.

Plans coming up:

Fuel tank/Meter Match

Shift Kit

Swap Bumpers

Rear Tailgate/Window Motor replacement

Swap Dash

Find a Tach and put it in while doing the dash swap.

That's a lot of work. Hope the stitches come out easily and you take it easy for a bit to let things heal. :nabble_smiley_good:

Is there a good place to get a factory tach? Or just find one wherever?

Every once in a while a NOS one is advertised, but for the most part you are going to need to find a used one. Advertising on here may help. Post in the Marketplace/Want To Buy folder.

Is there a good place to get a factory tach? Or just find one wherever?

Stitches didn't come out yesterday, hopefully Friday. The doc said this definitely needs more time but the ER doc made them so tight that one is starting to grow in and another one is close.

Stitches didn't come out yesterday, hopefully Friday. The doc said this definitely needs more time but the ER doc made them so tight that one is starting to grow in and another one is close.

Here's hoping they come out easily and neatly on Friday. :nabble_smiley_good:

Here's hoping they come out easily and neatly on Friday. :nabble_smiley_good:

Started the Bronco to move it out of the way to mow all the land today. Starts up good still after sitting and still seems to be good. I think the Seafoam along with the cleaning and finer EFI filter I put on are working just fine for the carb.

Fixed an issue on one of the other trucks I have. I guess the drum may have been seized on the one side. I sprayed it down hoping to take the drum off, then I didn't see a line where the metal met the hub and found out that the axles needed to come out of it to get the drum off. I figured it was some sort of brake issue since it drags forward but not reverse. Beat it with a hammer the best I could, blocked up the rest of the wheels and put it in drive and reverse and I guess it broke free because I can spin it with my hand easy now. Found another problem though when I was airing up the low passenger tire. The yoke that holds the u joint is broke. So I guess its time to find a shaft for that.

But not a bad day for a temporary cripple.

Started the Bronco to move it out of the way to mow all the land today. Starts up good still after sitting and still seems to be good. I think the Seafoam along with the cleaning and finer EFI filter I put on are working just fine for the carb.

Fixed an issue on one of the other trucks I have. I guess the drum may have been seized on the one side. I sprayed it down hoping to take the drum off, then I didn't see a line where the metal met the hub and found out that the axles needed to come out of it to get the drum off. I figured it was some sort of brake issue since it drags forward but not reverse. Beat it with a hammer the best I could, blocked up the rest of the wheels and put it in drive and reverse and I guess it broke free because I can spin it with my hand easy now. Found another problem though when I was airing up the low passenger tire. The yoke that holds the u joint is broke. So I guess its time to find a shaft for that.

But not a bad day for a temporary cripple.

No, not a bad day. Hope you get to quit cripping soon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That's a lot of work. Hope the stitches come out easily and you take it easy for a bit to let things heal. :nabble_smiley_good:

Are there different speedo cables for the different cases? I know when taking mine out, it wouldn't come out. I sprayed it a day before, tapped on it wiggled it side to side, in and out. Nothing. The cable itself came out but the collar stayed in the case. Was going to try and do that, fuel tank and some cosmetics this weekend.

Are there different speedo cables for the different cases? I know when taking mine out, it wouldn't come out. I sprayed it a day before, tapped on it wiggled it side to side, in and out. Nothing. The cable itself came out but the collar stayed in the case. Was going to try and do that, fuel tank and some cosmetics this weekend.

I don't know the answer to that question as I got confused just looking at the info. But you should go look at the snippet from the master parts catalog from here: Documentation/Driveline/Speedometer Gears, Cables, & Senders. Then the Speedo Cables tab, then either the W/O Speed Control or With Speed Control tab.

But, I think the answer is that it doesn't matter what t-case you have. Still, you should look.

I don't know the answer to that question as I got confused just looking at the info. But you should go look at the snippet from the master parts catalog from here: Documentation/Driveline/Speedometer Gears, Cables, & Senders. Then the Speedo Cables tab, then either the W/O Speed Control or With Speed Control tab.

But, I think the answer is that it doesn't matter what t-case you have. Still, you should look.

8086speedocable.jpg.596733a67101a7f60d9f4c2fa4b14bef.jpg

The cable itself came out of the 'housing' not the whole thing. Just the black sheath came out, the fitting is still stuck in there.