Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Yeah someone swapped doors and bed it seems from a 87-91. The holes for the pins are slightly off and the handle is pretty well touching the panel with no room for the hand to open it.

I found another truck that had a factory tach and nice gray interior but the dash was cracked so I passed it up. I'll get a tach one of these days.

Even though like I said they don't fit right, I'll add the pics anyways. Not that it gets driven at the moment but might just rock them so I can have a matching set of door panels that look nice and not busted. Gotta have some kind of progress even if it isn't the best it could be.

Don't mind the ladder. I really need to get something else but I stand it up on its side and lean it against the tire to be able to work on the motor.

ZTHXwAO.jpg.b7d08166e08724671486a0842d3baa59.jpg

9XhaJrp.jpg.a2bfedfe97ad4a10755d47e38da8f8dc.jpg

QLmWaXQ.jpg.752ea6fec84d000dcc8854a1aa8ca33e.jpg

Even though like I said they don't fit right, I'll add the pics anyways. Not that it gets driven at the moment but might just rock them so I can have a matching set of door panels that look nice and not busted. Gotta have some kind of progress even if it isn't the best it could be.

Don't mind the ladder. I really need to get something else but I stand it up on its side and lean it against the tire to be able to work on the motor.

The Bricknose panel doesn't look that bad. Which ones are you going to run?

The Bricknose panel doesn't look that bad. Which ones are you going to run?

End goal is to find something that matches the other dash. Its black, assuming there's no dark gray. Probably drop back to what's supposed to be in there, from a bull nose.

Those could maybe be until then. The biggest thing which I think you can see is the bottom of the handle touches the panel like I said. Sure beats faded red and a faded busted blue one.

End goal is to find something that matches the other dash. Its black, assuming there's no dark gray. Probably drop back to what's supposed to be in there, from a bull nose.

Those could maybe be until then. The biggest thing which I think you can see is the bottom of the handle touches the panel like I said. Sure beats faded red and a faded busted blue one.

The handle doesn't look like a show-stopper. But you could paint the Bullnose panels.

The handle doesn't look like a show-stopper. But you could paint the Bullnose panels.

I probably would have if that blue one wasn't missing the top, you can barely see it in the photo. I think the junkyard got another bullnose in so I could go check it. Sadly that would only make 2 up there, all the 87-96 you could ever want though.

I probably would have if that blue one wasn't missing the top, you can barely see it in the photo. I think the junkyard got another bullnose in so I could go check it. Sadly that would only make 2 up there, all the 87-96 you could ever want though.

Wish I could work on it today but its raining out. So I know awhile back I asked about the transfer case lever/linkage. I soaked it and it still won't move. I know when I first got it, it did move, kinda stiff if I remember. When I loaded the parts truck on the trailer, I put it in 4L and in 1st. It went in smooth as butter, much smoother than I ever remember the Bronco's. I know when I bought the Bronco, they said that the transfer case was messed up, they said the wheels wouldn't spin. I've had it in 4x4 before, made sure the hubs were locked in and knew it was in 4x4. Could this maybe be what they were talking about? Idk if anything internal could make that happen. Could I take the linkage apart and lube it up that way?

Also I'd like to just say thanks for everyone that has helped. I know that the vacuum leak had me going for awhile, I never would have thought about the carb to intake leaking out so much. But hoperfully onto making actual progress instead of getting discouraged looking for the same vacuum leak over and over with no signs. That carb spacer really helped since I knew I could get a nice seal up top.

Wish I could work on it today but its raining out. So I know awhile back I asked about the transfer case lever/linkage. I soaked it and it still won't move. I know when I first got it, it did move, kinda stiff if I remember. When I loaded the parts truck on the trailer, I put it in 4L and in 1st. It went in smooth as butter, much smoother than I ever remember the Bronco's. I know when I bought the Bronco, they said that the transfer case was messed up, they said the wheels wouldn't spin. I've had it in 4x4 before, made sure the hubs were locked in and knew it was in 4x4. Could this maybe be what they were talking about? Idk if anything internal could make that happen. Could I take the linkage apart and lube it up that way?

Also I'd like to just say thanks for everyone that has helped. I know that the vacuum leak had me going for awhile, I never would have thought about the carb to intake leaking out so much. But hoperfully onto making actual progress instead of getting discouraged looking for the same vacuum leak over and over with no signs. That carb spacer really helped since I knew I could get a nice seal up top.

Glad you got the vacuum problem sorted. Those can be a pain.

On the transfer case, I'm doubting that it is the linkage. Instead, I'll bet there's a problem inside the t-case.

But you can divide and conquer. Take the linkage apart. There are probably two nylon retainers, one on the shift lever and one on the lever going into the t-case, that hold then ends of the link. A little bit of heat, like a hair dryer or heat gun softens the nylon and lets you pull the link out. Then you can see if the lever itself is frozen or if it might be a problem in the t-case.

Glad you got the vacuum problem sorted. Those can be a pain.

On the transfer case, I'm doubting that it is the linkage. Instead, I'll bet there's a problem inside the t-case.

But you can divide and conquer. Take the linkage apart. There are probably two nylon retainers, one on the shift lever and one on the lever going into the t-case, that hold then ends of the link. A little bit of heat, like a hair dryer or heat gun softens the nylon and lets you pull the link out. Then you can see if the lever itself is frozen or if it might be a problem in the t-case.

I think it may be stuck in 4x4. I'll have to go check the other truck for reference. All I know is that I locked the hubs in, backed up a bit, and heard a pop. Took it for a drive and it made a noise. I thought what the hell and got out and unlocked the hubs. Kept driving and never heard the noise again. The drive went well. Wish I had a reference point what it should feel like. I personally feel like it should have some more get up but idk. I need to go through everything so I know there is no drag. Whatever this front axle thing may be could cause drag, brakes, etc..

Also I've known this but the steering needs to be replaced too before I go too fast. Steering wheel is pretty sloppy but driveable down the county roads. I believe the fastest was 40mph I got it to briefly today.

I think it may be stuck in 4x4. I'll have to go check the other truck for reference. All I know is that I locked the hubs in, backed up a bit, and heard a pop. Took it for a drive and it made a noise. I thought what the hell and got out and unlocked the hubs. Kept driving and never heard the noise again. The drive went well. Wish I had a reference point what it should feel like. I personally feel like it should have some more get up but idk. I need to go through everything so I know there is no drag. Whatever this front axle thing may be could cause drag, brakes, etc..

Also I've known this but the steering needs to be replaced too before I go too fast. Steering wheel is pretty sloppy but driveable down the county roads. I believe the fastest was 40mph I got it to briefly today.

The plastic "sliders" in the linkage inside the transfer case wear out and fall or break off. Then it doesn't shift correctly, if at all. The parts are cheap, but the t-case has to come apart to replace them.

The plastic "sliders" in the linkage inside the transfer case wear out and fall or break off. Then it doesn't shift correctly, if at all. The parts are cheap, but the t-case has to come apart to replace them.

It came with another transfer case. Its been so long since I've looked at it though and the interior panels are on it, but I think it's the 1356, and what's on it currently is the 208