Bullnose Forum

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

Ok I can see why its not where it belongs :nabble_smiley_wink:

In that case for hoses I think I would look into the cars hoses as they should be longer and may reach the box in the truck.

If they don't the only other way to go is custom made hoses.

Now the only thing I can see as an issue is the hose ends.

The car hoses will fit the compressor but as a guess not the box end.

I say that because I went with a newer compressor and 1 of the hoses would not fit the box end.

I forget what I did but was able to find a hose off the shelf that worked it just runs across the motor and not to the firewall.

I did look into custom hoses before I got into the AC part as I kind of knew I may have an issue but did not need to go down that path.

Dave ----

I have a feeling I will have to go custom because the car has push to connect fittings. Just thinking about the condenser that has both on one side and could halfway be close to bolting up

Bummer! Sometimes things go south in a hurry, and it looks like you've had your share. Here's hoping you get it figured out soon.

Is the Bronco's frame a different width in the back? I would think that the F150 bumpers would go on fine, but apparently not. The brackets on the new bumper are a good 2 inches off on each side.

If this bumper doesn't work, I'm just going to buy a correct one and put that on...looks like I'll need to make sure it comes with brackets.

Since the rear bumper clearly won't be done for awhile, I'll just post the difference of the front in a bit.

Is the Bronco's frame a different width in the back? I would think that the F150 bumpers would go on fine, but apparently not. The brackets on the new bumper are a good 2 inches off on each side.

If this bumper doesn't work, I'm just going to buy a correct one and put that on...looks like I'll need to make sure it comes with brackets.

Since the rear bumper clearly won't be done for awhile, I'll just post the difference of the front in a bit.

It is the "arms" or brackets that are different. The bumpers are the same. Go to Documentation/Exterior/Bumpers and then the Rear Bumper tab to see the part numbers.

It is the "arms" or brackets that are different. The bumpers are the same. Go to Documentation/Exterior/Bumpers and then the Rear Bumper tab to see the part numbers.

Hmm I wonder if this bumper just won't fit. It is a newer bumper but I wouldn't think it would've changed that much, unless the previous owner did totally custom brackets, as the brackets I pulled off we're definitely not factory.

Here the before and after on the front

d6Bgj8K.jpg.f619c41dca512e28a9612c3a8e3170c7.jpg

xyV3MwX.jpg.00b5e093ff810fb74b1e8d5ec43cf551.jpg

What is this shaft? Is this for the kickdown? It would explain why I don't have it as the shaft looks broken inside the transmission.

Yes, that is supposed to have the kickdown/downshift lever and associated linkage on it. I've included the cross section illustration from the factory service manual section below. That section is available at Documentation/Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions/C6.

C6_Cross_Section.jpg.50f051ec13b1a5e4501fd1ca69f944ba.jpg

What is this shaft? Is this for the kickdown? It would explain why I don't have it as the shaft looks broken inside the transmission.

20210605_111506.jpg.2d4aabbb5ad66cfdd77e4ff8550662b0.jpg

Shift kit is done. Hopefully with this new fluid, filter, and kit it will shift great. I'm sure the pinkish fluid gone will make it happy too. I'm sure that was from when it sat for a bit with the dipstick tube not in it and water getting in.

Can't wait to drive it later and see.

Shift kit is done. Hopefully with this new fluid, filter, and kit it will shift great. I'm sure the pinkish fluid gone will make it happy too. I'm sure that was from when it sat for a bit with the dipstick tube not in it and water getting in.

Can't wait to drive it later and see.

I'll hope with you. New fluid can make them much better.