Bullnose Forums

1982 Bronco XLT

Weberman

there are two different types of seals that go between the glass and the door one is the window channel "felt" and the other is the beltline (sweep) the beltline goes at the bottom of the glass and keeps debris from getting inside the door. it too has a felt like surface to face the glass and has a little curl to follow the door contour above the handle. the window channel felt is one piece although they often come out in many pieces. there is a "molded in" slight elbow to go into the point where the vent window frame meets the upper door shell. center that carefully and then work gasket down into the vent channel. then from the elbow back and down the rear channel

Will the lower ones keep the windows from rattling? Don't notice it at all when driving but the gravel road and shutting the door, especially passenger, they rattle. But then as I was driving it yesterday I noticed all the way around chunks were missing. I ask that just because I think I'm going to get new doors whenever I redo the body so I don't want to put a new one in to take it out and maybe damage to paint/put in new door.

Glad you got the wipers going. Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the HVAC control, you found something I'd left out of the documentation. But I've now added the information below to the Part #'s tab on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems. Note the "YH-361". That's the Motorcraft part number, and I found some of them with this search.

Is there a safety switch on the tailgate for a 82? I went back to halfway mess around to see and found no wires going up to that area. Tried the key and pressed hard against it and that didn't work either. If not I wonder if I have a bad ground? I know my buddy got it up a couple years ago and he jumped to the motor but I haven't been able to get it to do anything jumping to the motor.

Also are there patch panels for the area behind the front seat? Was think that may be my project this winter is getting new floors in and these spots have opened behind the seat now.

Screenshot_20220108-114321_Gallery.jpg.8a3007caa5d5dc320e8dbd580f377f33.jpg

20220108_110926.jpg.2b16a4b66f37c715401cb33d776ac6aa.jpg

Is there a safety switch on the tailgate for a 82? I went back to halfway mess around to see and found no wires going up to that area. Tried the key and pressed hard against it and that didn't work either. If not I wonder if I have a bad ground? I know my buddy got it up a couple years ago and he jumped to the motor but I haven't been able to get it to do anything jumping to the motor.

Also are there patch panels for the area behind the front seat? Was think that may be my project this winter is getting new floors in and these spots have opened behind the seat now.

Check with Tabco for the panels.

Not sure what you mean by "safety switch", but I just checked the 1982 EVTM, which we don't have on the site, with the 1981 EVTM and they are the same for the tailgate wiring. And here 'tis:

pages-64_orig.thumb.jpg.be4792a153d1fd7b62f90cfcb473f40b.jpg

pages-65_1_orig.thumb.jpg.df77f2b5584ac6be38e5fe2aad796fc8.jpg

Check with Tabco for the panels.

Not sure what you mean by "safety switch", but I just checked the 1982 EVTM, which we don't have on the site, with the 1981 EVTM and they are the same for the tailgate wiring. And here 'tis:

The Tailgate Window Limit Switch is what I'm talking about is what it is called in the diagram.

The Tailgate Window Limit Switch is what I'm talking about is what it is called in the diagram.

I got exhaust put on right before the new year. Not a huge fan so I'm getting the muffler(s) changed out tomorrow. Got 24" glasspacks and figured I'd document it for differences, so heres a video for of it with it and I should have another clip of the new setup tomorrow.

I got exhaust put on right before the new year. Not a huge fan so I'm getting the muffler(s) changed out tomorrow. Got 24" glasspacks and figured I'd document it for differences, so heres a video for of it with it and I should have another clip of the new setup tomorrow.

I’ll give it an 85, it’s got a good beat and you can dance to it!

Edit: typo

Yikes! I don't blame you for changing. That would be obnoxious! What are you going back with?

I like Magnaflow mufflers. Nice deep sound.

Yikes! I don't blame you for changing. That would be obnoxious! What are you going back with?

I have used different glass packs also and results vary. my only real gripe is the pop/bark that you get from them. at idle I don't mind hearing the "race style" noise. but I don't appreciate when another's car, truck or motorcycle yells at me or drowns out my music or conversation. therefore, I do not want to be that guy. that's a character issue for me. grow up!

I put them on dolly with true duals and side outlets. that lasted about a week then I cut them off and installed good ole hush thrush turbos. "perfect"!

single Flow master on my bronco, "perfect"

I went with a Rumble 2 chamber exhaust. Close to Thrush Welded. It's still not as loud as I'd like it to be at idle, but it's deeper and more open sounding. I'm really just wanting a loud deep idle. These are deep though. I tried it because they said they didn't drone as bad compared to others. And they don't at all. With the tailgate rusted and no interior really in it at the moment, couldn't even think when climbing a hill with those glass packs. These are nice and throaty in upper RPMs and only loud when I want it to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with a Rumble 2 chamber exhaust. Close to Thrush Welded. It's still not as loud as I'd like it to be at idle, but it's deeper and more open sounding. I'm really just wanting a loud deep idle. These are deep though. I tried it because they said they didn't drone as bad compared to others. And they don't at all. With the tailgate rusted and no interior really in it at the moment, couldn't even think when climbing a hill with those glass packs. These are nice and throaty in upper RPMs and only loud when I want it to be.

Might take a video of the Bronco exhaust today along with working on this thing.

20220122_113800.jpg.10ab270e3b319558e9ddd06eca7ec118.jpg

20220122_113752.jpg.55c18ef7d0fe90c0b5c20f2e788d9a1e.jpg

20220122_113728.jpg.7110d9a02be1bda4fb353095da396c06.jpg

95 CCLB 7.3 Powerstroke 5 speed. Didn't start yesterday when I picked it up so don't know if the batteries are that gone or if it was just that cold for a 7.3 or what. Got a battery charger on it right now and bought some starting fluid. It did run earlier in the week when it was warmer out. It threw the belt and power steering pulley and needs a front driveshaft. Need to see if I can get a matching tailgate as it is red at the moment.