Bullnose Forums

Facebook Marketplace Pricing Issues

Guys,

Just curious if everybody else notices all of the for sale items on Facebook Marketplace where the price is $1234, or $111, or $1, etc whatever, and in the message section of the for sale ad the seller comments that Facebook won't allow them to post the actual price.

What's up with this, does anybody know? I seem to see it a lot...

I sell a fair amount of items on FB Marketplace, and I never have issues listing the actual price.

Dealers have no issue posting trucks for $80,000, so I don't see why private sellers are having issues.

That's what I have always thought and I've always assumed they were essentially clickbait. Although to what end I can't really guess. I figure either they are shady or crazy. Crazy because from the few things I've posted, I don't think anyone reads the comments and follows directions so I can only imagine how many wasted messages they have wanting it for the cover price!

As a test I just listed an 86 250 for 25k and it posted fine.

That's what I have always thought and I've always assumed they were essentially clickbait. Although to what end I can't really guess. I figure either they are shady or crazy. Crazy because from the few things I've posted, I don't think anyone reads the comments and follows directions so I can only imagine how many wasted messages they have wanting it for the cover price!

As a test I just listed an 86 250 for 25k and it posted fine.

I sold recently on FB Marketplace and it wouldn't let me list the value of the truck as more than something like $4,000. I tried multiple times, and it said that the "Price is greater than the value of the truck".

I was like "Stop helping me!"

It's about FREEDOM (ok I'll stop) :D

I sold recently on FB Marketplace and it wouldn't let me list the value of the truck as more than something like $4,000. I tried multiple times, and it said that the "Price is greater than the value of the truck".

I was like "Stop helping me!"

It's about FREEDOM (ok I'll stop) :D

That's interesting, I keep seeing people selling ragged out Powerstrokes with 300k miles for $10k and yet they're only worth maybe $4k on a sun shining day. :nabble_anim_confused: