Bullnose Forums

Newbie from Fenton Mich

I have no idea why that pic comes out upside down or how to fix it. I guess in the end I need a new pic

The reason the pic is upside down is because of the way you had the camera oriented when you took the pic. Most cameras and phone embed the orientation info in the picture's metadata and most apps are smart enough to read the info and correctly orient the pic. So you never see that you had the camera upside down. This forum isn't smart enough to do that, nor are many other forums.

There are a couple of ways of fixing it. One is to open it with an app that re-orients it and then save it. Sometimes you have to change the pic slightly to be able to save it. But that usually does it.

Another way is the way I did it. I right-clicked the pic, copied it, and pasted it into the app called Paint. Then I rotated it and saved it.

The reason the pic is upside down is because of the way you had the camera oriented when you took the pic. Most cameras and phone embed the orientation info in the picture's metadata and most apps are smart enough to read the info and correctly orient the pic. So you never see that you had the camera upside down. This forum isn't smart enough to do that, nor are many other forums.

There are a couple of ways of fixing it. One is to open it with an app that re-orients it and then save it. Sometimes you have to change the pic slightly to be able to save it. But that usually does it.

Another way is the way I did it. I right-clicked the pic, copied it, and pasted it into the app called Paint. Then I rotated it and saved it.

I figured it was more operator lack of computer knowledge error than anything else. Heck half the time I'm suprised the lights don't go out when I hit enter.

I figured it was more operator lack of computer knowledge error than anything else. Heck half the time I'm suprised the lights don't go out when I hit enter.

Thank God, Another one that is, as my wife would say, computer challenged:nabble_smiley_whistling: Welcome to the nut farm, Nice pickup