Bullnose Forums

New brake caliper won't expand

Hey all this is probably a stupid question but I feel all of my questions are on here as %90 of you guys are pros imho.

I replaced the driver side brake hose pads and caliper. Had the wife assist in bleeding it. I have just a couple of bubbles of air as it got too dark to see well but she it's getting hard to press the brake now. However the caliper isn't moving a bit,pads just as loose as when installed.

I had hoped to move over to the passenger side today and do it as well. But I couldn't get the copper washer off of the caliper line bolt. It is basically welded together and very thin so after an hour of trying to get it off unsuccessfully, I just left it and put the new one supplied with the new hose on top of it. I have done quite a few brake jobs mainly pads and rotors and a couple of master cylinders and never had a problem until this afternoon. Help please, throw me some questions and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks folks.

Sounds to me like the new hose is no good and is internally collapsed. Not unheard of to have a caliper bad out of the box though, especially remanufactured items. Can you verify the opposing side still moves?

Re-man caliper from A Zone because no one else had them. Brand new hose but since fluid is coming from bleeder valve rather forceful I'm ruling out the hose. Caliper is my guess and no I have not verified other side yet. Got dark and cool on me.

Thanks Angelo

Re-man caliper from A Zone because no one else had them. Brand new hose but since fluid is coming from bleeder valve rather forceful I'm ruling out the hose. Caliper is my guess and no I have not verified other side yet. Got dark and cool on me.

Thanks Angelo

Let us know how you make out! If fluid is coming from the hose freely, it does sound like the reman caliper is bad. I'd be taking it back.

They don't have anymore in stock. Have to wait until tomorrow when the rain begins :nabble_smiley_cry:

Try something real quick. Put an old pad aginst the piston and use a C clamp and put some preassure and see if it moves to on side or the other or even goes in a little. The piston may be cocked in the bore. You can leave the hose on it so you don't lose what you have in the bleeding.

Try something real quick. Put an old pad aginst the piston and use a C clamp and put some preassure and see if it moves to on side or the other or even goes in a little. The piston may be cocked in the bore. You can leave the hose on it so you don't lose what you have in the bleeding.

Sounds stuck ! All right, Have you tried pumping the pedal with the engine going ? Double the pressure atleast .