Bullnose Forums

Brandon's AVS/Edelbrock Thunder

Gary Lewis

Here is an update for the spawn of Satan 1805 carb. Edelbrock and some wanky carb manufacturers use a threaded fitting for the fuel supply line that is only common to them. The dont use, NPT, AN, JIC, O Ring Boss, compression, flare or anything that you could find in a common store. The use a 5/8"-20 fitting and the damn thing is $10 vs $1-$2 for just about anything else. :nabble_smiley_sad:

So after hours of research and calling Edelbrock tech support I find out what I didnt know and that it is going to be expensive.:nabble_smiley_teeth:

Now, here is the bonus shafting:

This carb has one of these fittings on each side!:nabble_anim_jump:

The carb had some kind of bubba rigged banjo bolt set up that couldnt be saved nor adapted into what I am wanting to do so it went to the trash. The other side had a hose barb fitting on it that was cleverly plugged off with something. I am faced with (1) trying to find a $10 plug if there is such a thing, (2) going with the bubba cap on the hose barb (which we all know damn good and well I wont be doing), or (3) modifying the hose barb fitting by (A) cutting the nipple off and tapping it to 1/8" NPT for a pipe plug to thread in or (B) cutting the hose nipple off , welding/soldering it up and turning it down on the lathe.:nabble_anim_confused:

Option (A) can be done by yours truly at my shop, but may not be the best looking option. Option (B) requires a trip to the Garagemahal and would probably look the best. I am still kicking it around. I have time to burn because my SS fastener kit is on the way as I will be needing it to finish the build. So no rush. I probably do need to make a trip to Podunk for maybe painting or powder coating parts. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Looks like there may be time Saturday. Come on up!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic