Bullnose Forums

Brandon's AVS/Edelbrock Thunder

Gary Lewis

Does anyone have a complete exploded view of the AVS - aka Air Valve Secondary? Also known as the Edelbrock Thunder Series.

Brandon has one and we attempted to rebuild it today. But we are missing two parts and need to find out their part numbers or official names to see if we can find replacements. The two parts we need are:

• The tension spring for the air valve. It is just missing on this carb.

• The link from the choke shaft to the choke plate. There is one with it but it must be the wrong one as it doesn't fit properly. We borrowed one from an AFB/Performer carb and it isn't long enough, although it has the right bends and it fits correctly.

We've found various exploded views, but none really show those parts. And, they aren't in any parts list we've found.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, I found this, at least it will hopefully give you something. http://www.carbkitsource.com/manuals/carbmanuals/CM024.html

I just sent you a parts list via email with a copy to Brandon.

Thanks, Bill. But as said in the email. I can't find the parts we need in the exploded view nor the parts list. Maybe the book would help, but are parts still available?

Thanks, Bill. But as said in the email. I can't find the parts we need in the exploded view nor the parts list. Maybe the book would help, but are parts still available?

Gary, I have no idea whether they are available anywhere. I am on a MOPAR group on FB, I think it is "Mopar swap and sell" maybe someone on there might be able to help. I assume it is the Edelbrock version with an integral electric choke.

Gary, I have no idea whether they are available anywhere. I am on a MOPAR group on FB, I think it is "Mopar swap and sell" maybe someone on there might be able to help. I assume it is the Edelbrock version with an integral electric choke.

His Eddy is a manual choke version, although we plan to see if we can swap the electric choke from an Eddy AFB to it.

Ron @ Edelbrock is sending me the secondary tension spring, gratis. And the linkage part for the choke is in Edelbrock kit #1873.

I think I found the choke linkage. I t was in my truck when I was at your house. That small box of parts came open in the floorboard. I found something resembling it in the truck this morning. :nabble_smiley_tongue:

Thank you for calling tech support and getting the parts Gary! Let me know if I owe you any money. I know I am in the red on favors already... :nabble_smiley_grin:

I think I found the choke linkage. I t was in my truck when I was at your house. That small box of parts came open in the floorboard. I found something resembling it in the truck this morning. :nabble_smiley_tongue:

Thank you for calling tech support and getting the parts Gary! Let me know if I owe you any money. I know I am in the red on favors already... :nabble_smiley_grin:

Sounds like the carb is about to come together.:nabble_smiley_evil:

I am really curious to see if the comment in the book about the electric choke being uninstallable has any merit. Sure looked false from I was seeing. However, I wonder if we are going to have linkage issues? IOW, will the choke linkage on the 1406 parts carb not be the correct length???

Eddie 1805 AVS about to go down like a fat boy on a see saw!:nabble_smiley_wink:

and possibly the electric choke too?