Bullnose Forums

Coil spring insulator

Thanks Angelo, the question remains as to if they're necessary. I would think they would be but moog and other companies I've searched do not list them.

Thanks Angelo, the question remains as to if they're necessary. I would think they would be but moog and other companies I've searched do not list them.

They are a cushion for the spring to eliminate squeeking and shaking and to dampen vibrations. You can get away without them, but your ride quality and steering stability will suffer as having them removed with transmit vibrations directly to the steering wheel.

They are a cushion for the spring to eliminate squeeking and shaking and to dampen vibrations. You can get away without them, but your ride quality and steering stability will suffer as having them removed with transmit vibrations directly to the steering wheel.

Agreed.

I installed a set from LMC and they fit nicely. Whether they are needed or not I don’t know, but I’d prefer them to be there personally.

Yeah I'm thinking I want them since I went to all the trouble of replacing tie-rods, Balljoints and axle pivot bushings. Oh and brakes and brake hoses. Might as well do it all! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Yeah I'm thinking I want them since I went to all the trouble of replacing tie-rods, Balljoints and axle pivot bushings. Oh and brakes and brake hoses. Might as well do it all! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Industrial conveyor belt with rayon , but at $ 6 why bother.

I was the same. I did redid the entire front end in one full sweep, and my 30+ year old isolators were looking pretty tired.