Bullnose Forums

Electric Choke

Jim - Let me see if I understand. The 1, 2, and 3G alternators have the same stator voltage output. But, the stator output isn't 3-phase, it is probably single-phase. Do I understand correctly?

But, other than the 8.25" measurement actually needing to be 8.125", none of that changes the write-up?

Yes, the Stator output is single phase. There is a single diode in the return ground path, in the above diagram it is #205. This is what cuts the voltage in half (~7 volts). So I would guess this to be a half wave rectifier, but I have never looked at this with an oscilloscope.

I think no other changes are needed, other than the 8.125 inch thing, which is really not a big deal.

Jim

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Stator output is single phase. There is a single diode in the return ground path, in the above diagram it is #205. This is what cuts the voltage in half (~7 volts). So I would guess this to be a half wave rectifier, but I have never looked at this with an oscilloscope.

I think no other changes are needed, other than the 8.125 inch thing, which is really not a big deal.

Jim

Ok, thanks.