Bullnose Test Forum

Odd headlight question

I've come across an odd pair of headlights. I am not quite sure what the purpose for the variant is and would be curious if the members have any insight.

The lamps look like normal 6054 headlamps made by Phillips; the odd part is inside the front flat glass is a dark gray honeycomb type material that is quite thin. I would put the honeycomb cavities to be about 1/8" flat to flat, the material looks to be maybe 1/64ish". The depth of the honeycomb material is about 1/2" by estimate.

I've looked on the Phillips lighting website as well as Sylvania's to try and find anything. Nothing.

I've had them for better than 15 years and do not remember how I came to be in possession of them.

The only thing I've been able to think of, is an internal mounted stray light emission control possibly used by military or airport equipment. That is the only reason I could think of wanting to limit the direction of light emission.

Any thoughts???

If possible, look on the back side and look for identification numbers. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I looked for any type of manufacturer's markings.

The only markings that were readable were the ones that were formed into the front glass piece.

"Phillips" and a couple of numbers and letters common to these lamps.

There was a trace of what looked like at one time was a stamped indicator, now it is just a faded yellow blur.

I looked for any type of manufacturer's markings.

The only markings that were readable were the ones that were formed into the front glass piece.

"Phillips" and a couple of numbers and letters common to these lamps.

There was a trace of what looked like at one time was a stamped indicator, now it is just a faded yellow blur.

I almost want to say that's built into the glass as a protector if the glass gets broken and shatters, kind of holds everything together.

I could be way wrong though, I've never seen anything like it.