Bullnose Forums

Plastic Steering Wheel Plactics needed, 1984 F250 w/cruise

Starliner

I have horn pads, but most are from Econoline vans and have the oak looking woodgrain and black edges. I bought them for possible hydro dip or for switch parts. The 80-84 rosewood type is difficult to find in good shape. I may have one or two but I remember them to be pretty rough. I will try to have a look through my parts later and message you some pictures to see if there is anything that could help you.

Edit: thank you David for pointing me to this thread and kind introduction 🙂

I have horn pads, but most are from Econoline vans and have the oak looking woodgrain and black edges. I bought them for possible hydro dip or for switch parts. The 80-84 rosewood type is difficult to find in good shape. I may have one or two but I remember them to be pretty rough. I will try to have a look through my parts later and message you some pictures to see if there is anything that could help you.

Edit: thank you David for pointing me to this thread and kind introduction 🙂

20200505_164636.jpg.d55897c53042430a1f72379dc0c01848.jpgThank you to you guys.

I am sure that what you have is better than what I have!

I need every brittle plastic including that piece it all snaps into.

The rubber is fine.

Thanks!

This is a very nice used example David! The little trumpet icons on the horn bar suggest this came from an econoline van. The little vertical wear marks at the ends of the buttons may have come from a lace-on steering wheel cover? Nice find 👍

This is a very nice used example David! The little trumpet icons on the horn bar suggest this came from an econoline van. The little vertical wear marks at the ends of the buttons may have come from a lace-on steering wheel cover? Nice find 👍

Really, I mainly need the black plastic piece which the outer parts attach to.

The outside pieces need glue, and I am hoping maybe I can revive the dry plastics by submerging them in a bunch of armor all. Maybe it will work. I have nothing to loose. The wheel itself it great, as is the center rubber.

Just a DYI, super glue, mixed with baking soda makes an amazing high-build glue. There are YouTube vids on it.

If anyone has a better idea to remedy the brittleness of the plastics, please let me know. Thanks.20200508_101243.jpg.9c17eced484e2ac8d8167b10d34bbb24.jpg

Really, I mainly need the black plastic piece which the outer parts attach to.

The outside pieces need glue, and I am hoping maybe I can revive the dry plastics by submerging them in a bunch of armor all. Maybe it will work. I have nothing to loose. The wheel itself it great, as is the center rubber.

Just a DYI, super glue, mixed with baking soda makes an amazing high-build glue. There are YouTube vids on it.

If anyone has a better idea to remedy the brittleness of the plastics, please let me know. Thanks.

Incorrect woodgrain pattern, but less expensive [still comes with a steering wheel].

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-86-OEM-F-Series-Bronco-STEERING-WHEEL-WOOD-GRAIN-CRUSE-CONTROL-HORN-PAD/274287685973?epid=1425041210&hash=item3fdcd1f155:g:72oAAOSwyq5eVtZ~

Scored some parts!

I found the steering wheel plastics for 20 bucks locally.

The guy is selling me a guage cluster and dash pad for 50. Only the speaker area is messed up on it and mine is a mess.

Now on the guage, I bought it just for the Tach. But it is out of a diesel so the tach is likely much different. I will attach a picture. My question is, is the range the same on the gas models? Obviously the red line zone would be wrong but that's not a problem.

20200512_105709.jpg.e13a0b7f2749264d3da6b7effc58965f.jpg

20200512_105718.jpg.9403af3065092077c7653c3a1a480fe6.jpg

20200512_103500.jpg.5aa6f0c256e68b00e20c59f5150ddc4f.jpg