Bullnose Forums

Help Organizing Website?

Gary Lewis

First, let me say that the master parts catalog is the best thing since sliced bread, and I don't know how you fully disassemble and then successfully reassemble something as complex as these trucks w/o one. But, the organization of the catalog isn't its strongest attribute.

The basic part numbers are supposed to follow the section numbering shown in the earlier post. However, they seem to have run out of numbers at times and insert letters, like 17A254. And, there are lots of exceptions to the numbering plan. For instance, the first numbered section is Section 10 - Wheels.

And, one would think that the first thing you would encounter in that section would be a listing of wheels. However, the first thing is 1001 GASKET (REAR WHEEL BEARING RETAINER or REAR AXLE SHAFT). But, Section 40 is Rear Axle! :nabble_anim_confused:

And then there are the weird combinations of "stuff" in one section. Like Section 170 which includes jacks, speedometers, and cables. So, a jack handle is 17081, a tachometer opening cover is 17187, and a speedometer cable tip kit is 17A254.

Or shocks that are in Section 180 so have the basic part number of 18124. But heaters are there as well, which explains 18246 WINDOW SHADE KIT?

Anyway, basic part numbers are supposed to follow the section numbering. Does that answer the question?

To help y'all see the overall outline instead of just viewing it in the menu I've typed it out and put it on a new page in Reference section: Website Outline.

I've already spotted a couple of things, but please tell me what you find.