Bullnose Forums

1985 carb double stamped

Larry, welcome to the forum. Im sorry there was some confusion, but hey that happens.

Im a dad of two also, but I aint single. Dont know how you do it man. I hope you have some help from other family members.

This forum is THE best place to be for 80-86 trucks. The family here is growing, and the technical aspects are evolving. We all hope you stay.

Take care.

Welcome!

I applies here at 2:30 this afternoon and just now got an update for my phone with the e-mail about the guidelines--3 hours later. as stated earlier in the e-mail it's my only truck/vehicle for two jobs and I'm a single dad with 2 kids. Need something to pop off and right back on and then send out the other carb for a full rebuild. I work 6 days a week and it's my only transportation. Thank you anyways. Stay safe and watch out for each other.

Larry, when you get some time, see if there is a Ford PN tag or possibly a rebuilder's tag on the carburetor. After that, if you would kindly describe any problems you are having with it.

One item to examine carefully would be the float bowl to throttle body joint as it is prone to getting loose and causing all sort of interesting problems.

Larry, when you get some time, see if there is a Ford PN tag or possibly a rebuilder's tag on the carburetor. After that, if you would kindly describe any problems you are having with it.

One item to examine carefully would be the float bowl to throttle body joint as it is prone to getting loose and causing all sort of interesting problems.

Larry - Bill/85lebaront2 ran a carb and ignition shop for decades. He knows his way around carbs, for sure.