Bullnose Forums

2" Spacer lifts: Feedback on alignment?

Rob, which springs did you get? Your truck is 2wd correct?

No, it's 4wd I'm afraid. Can't remember who I bought the springs from, Bronco Graveyard I think, 1.5" lift leveling coils.

IMG_3119.jpg.bbaed5b682712540dfec41e4f5b3f42f.jpg

Here's another picture of the truck's current stance.

IMG_3559.jpg.46c3d4f43ecade7837cf5698d1cfe892.jpg

I think the way to go if you wanted to lift the front and not risk issues would be a full kit with brackets etc, but I don't know of any for only 1.5" of lift. Like Rusty says, everything I've read about says you should have no issues with aligning leveling coils, but then there's mine...

No, it's 4wd I'm afraid. Can't remember who I bought the springs from, Bronco Graveyard I think, 1.5" lift leveling coils.

Here's another picture of the truck's current stance.

I think the way to go if you wanted to lift the front and not risk issues would be a full kit with brackets etc, but I don't know of any for only 1.5" of lift. Like Rusty says, everything I've read about says you should have no issues with aligning leveling coils, but then there's mine...

I wonder how much it will settle with all the front end parts installed. That looks like a LOT of camber.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, still soaking on this. May go with the Eaton but will report back on whatever I do.

Here are the rear coils, fyi... prior owner said they are 3/4 ton, looking at the number of leafs I believed him but maybe someone here can identify?

20200504_202011.jpg.c53d93898c2d2acccad2369167cca744.jpg

I wonder how much it will settle with all the front end parts installed. That looks like a LOT of camber.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, still soaking on this. May go with the Eaton but will report back on whatever I do.

Here are the rear coils, fyi... prior owner said they are 3/4 ton, looking at the number of leafs I believed him but maybe someone here can identify?

20200504_202027.jpg.83f678baac2b0103ae2616bad9eefe93.jpg

Those look like heavy duty f150 springs or standard 3/4 ton springs. They're the same spring in a 4+1 configuration (5 leaves). Someone with more experience can correct me if need be. They'll raise the truck 2"-3" over stock. And ride like a dump truck.

Those look like heavy duty f150 springs or standard 3/4 ton springs. They're the same spring in a 4+1 configuration (5 leaves). Someone with more experience can correct me if need be. They'll raise the truck 2"-3" over stock. And ride like a dump truck.

Yes, those could easily be light duty F250 springs. My HD F250 springs have 7 leaves and are WAY too stiff. But your are still too stiff. You have more spring capacity than axle capacity. So it surely rides roughly.

My plan is to remove some leaves and add air bags. That will give me a better ride and I can get the carrying capacity back via air pressure if I need it.

Yes, those could easily be light duty F250 springs. My HD F250 springs have 7 leaves and are WAY too stiff. But your are still too stiff. You have more spring capacity than axle capacity. So it surely rides roughly.

My plan is to remove some leaves and add air bags. That will give me a better ride and I can get the carrying capacity back via air pressure if I need it.

My opinion is to use factory springs. Stuff 32 or 33" tires in there. Thats what I am doing. I bought eccentric bushings to install once I finally go through the front end.

If I need more lift, id do a 1" or 2" body lift.

Yep it's why I'm trying to match my leaf springs I want my truck to have the oe 1/2 ton capacity that the truck should have. I think my leads are the 3+1 whichbeaton has in 2 or 3 different weight ratings. I'm partially wanting to lean towards the lighter 1,100 lb capacity I believe it is but think Eaton suggested the 1,500 lb capacity would be more OE for a 150.

Yep it's why I'm trying to match my leaf springs I want my truck to have the oe 1/2 ton capacity that the truck should have. I think my leads are the 3+1 whichbeaton has in 2 or 3 different weight ratings. I'm partially wanting to lean towards the lighter 1,100 lb capacity I believe it is but think Eaton suggested the 1,500 lb capacity would be more OE for a 150.

I wonder if you rolled your truck forward some of that toe would go away.

Toe is controlled by tie rods. Caster and chamber by eccentric bushing at top ball joint. Not sure how rolling the truck would change the toe.

Toe is controlled by tie rods. Caster and chamber by eccentric bushing at top ball joint. Not sure how rolling the truck would change the toe.

Can’t remember exactly, but I thought certain trucks would do something like toe in when reversed.