Bullnose Forums

ICON updated a Bumpside F100

As far as the 5.0 Coyote goes, this is the one I built at work for a customer, '82 F150 work truck that he bought new and decided to sink $60,000 into its restomod build.

1.jpg.c99a908d05e578e8e929a8039d9ea719.jpg

And under the hood.

2.jpg.4633396e0cfe58dddd5783f2a764beef.jpg

It can be done on our trucks just way too big to fit without lots of modifications. I personally would like to try and install Fords new 7.3 Godzilla motors in one of our trucks. From what I am hearing its only a couple inches wider than a 351W small block unlike the 5.0 Coyote that is close to 11 inches wider than the 351W engine.

Just to show the size difference here is a 5.0 Coyote stuffed under the hood of a foxbody mustang.

1.jpg.c99a908d05e578e8e929a8039d9ea719.jpg

And the 7.3 Godzilla installed in a foxbody mustang being chopped up for dragracing.

CF0-A6625-0-F2-C-4-C37-96-CF-0-B159185-A6-AB.jpg.9a1e80d4acbea3818f3c3b407a1f2e3e.jpg

kurgan-1.thumb.jpg.4e0ea668931fceceeb941377f0f35ecf.jpg

As far as the 5.0 Coyote goes, this is the one I built at work for a customer, '82 F150 work truck that he bought new and decided to sink $60,000 into its restomod build.

And under the hood.

It can be done on our trucks just way too big to fit without lots of modifications. I personally would like to try and install Fords new 7.3 Godzilla motors in one of our trucks. From what I am hearing its only a couple inches wider than a 351W small block unlike the 5.0 Coyote that is close to 11 inches wider than the 351W engine.

Just to show the size difference here is a 5.0 Coyote stuffed under the hood of a foxbody mustang.

And the 7.3 Godzilla installed in a foxbody mustang being chopped up for dragracing.

C’mon man! Now I want something with Godzilla in it! :nabble_smiley_cool::nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

C’mon man! Now I want something with Godzilla in it! :nabble_smiley_cool::nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

If I ever did a late model transplant in my '82 flareside it would be the 7.3 Godzilla. The 7.3 Godzilla is rated at 430HP @ 5,500 rpm and 475 ft/lbs @ 4,000 rpm compared to the 5.0 Coyote`s 395 HP @ 5,750 rpm and 400 ft/lbs @ 4,000 rpm.

So it doesn't make much more power but because its such a larger engine it is not being pushed as hard so it should last a long time. Plus the best thing I like about it is that it is not much bigger than a 351W small block.

And under the hood.

That's very cool.

Did you connect the new motor to the original dash gauges?

If yes, how?

If no, what did you use instead?

That's very cool.

Did you connect the new motor to the original dash gauges?

If yes, how?

If no, what did you use instead?

The oil pressure sending unit on the 5.0 coyote was the screwed into the block with the same size port as the oil pressure log. What I did was reuse the old ford pressure log and drilled a second hole into the top flat and tapped it to the correct pipe tap size to screw the 5.0 coyote pressure sending unit for the ecm. Then retained the OE 82 f150 sender for the OE oil pressure gauge. For the temp gauge we got a inline pipe threaded adapter that fit inline of the upper radiator hose that I ran a ground wire to the block from and treaded the OE temp sender into.

For the tach, the boss didnt buy the cluster I told him to and he bought one that didnt look that good and the tach ended up being bad so I ended up using the block off plate from the OE cluster and drilled out a hole in it through the back of the gauge cluster and installed a small autometer tach. I'm not sure if the OE tach can be used on an aftermarket ignition system but I was willing to attempt to use it though.

If dakota digital releases the RTX retro line up clusters for the 80 to 86 trucks and Broncos I'm going to notify the customer if he wants to bring his truck in and upgrade.