Bullnose Forum

My 1984 Project

Leatherneck_1775

20191103_152837.jpg.aca26fe372fd4a9c0a3eb1b45f56c2e6.jpgI picked this 84 XLT Bronco up last summer from central Montana for $600. It has a 351W with the manual 4 speed tranny, hauled it home, charged the battery, turned the motor by hand, removed the spark plugs shot some oil into the cylinders and turned it over. Since then I've replaced all the plugs, wires, fuel pump, filters, radiator, cap and rotor. I've also spent hours repairing the engine wiring harness (what a mess) Currently I have the old fuel tank out, a new one waiting to go back in along with a sending unit. I am also in the process of rebuilding the front end. What started out as " Lets replace the wheel bearings and brakes" has turned into a full blown rebuild. It does need it though, u joints are dry and rusty, shocks are are wore out, bushings are wore, all steering tie rods are no good. once that is done and back together i will service the rear end THEN..... the rear main, oil pump and water pump..... whew gotta love these rides though, my boys are in love with this Bronco and they were actually the reason I bought it.20190817_093252.jpg.b32131f945b74339a3b152b86de433fa.jpg

That's a great project! Hope the boys are helping you. There is no better way to learn than with your father.

Always did have a soft spot for those red and white Broncos. My younger brother had the same one in red and white, XLT with a 351 w that he bought new at the local Ford dealer. Sadly him and the Bronco are gone

Always did have a soft spot for those red and white Broncos. My younger brother had the same one in red and white, XLT with a 351 w that he bought new at the local Ford dealer. Sadly him and the Bronco are gone

My favorite paint scheme!