Bullnose Forums

This guy has a lot going on!

Might check with AAA. If you’re buying it and getting it home, I don’t think they’ll do that, at least not part of the “free” tows.

I tried once but don’t remember the details.

Quick update, will post properly after dinner.

Truck is 1986 had fuel injection removed and Edelbrock 1406 in place. Needs a dizzy cap, spark leads and ignition module. Was running until a couple of months ago apparently.

Truck bed needs to be sorted, looks like it is ready to fall off.

Fiberglass wheel arches are 50% missing. Rear fuel filler pipe is severed so assume rear tank is toast and the tank switch is prob dead

No tailgate. Factory AC compressor missing. Tires and whees suspect, missing lugnuts.

Interior is complete and in reasonable shape.

I am on the fence..0DDEF681-EED0-4854-A1ED-9B9D8F0AD94E.jpeg.a82a8d92506284ef588efd7f109330d0.jpeg

D6C01C39-010A-477D-B7C4-411018681C81.jpeg.fe662aed861c78526e5ec816d68eadc4.jpeg

9B947B13-B2C6-4785-9772-6AE5D0CC367C.jpeg.4d9d6737840b2c2b5ada9950597e92e9.jpeg

9AC67A36-5E66-41A6-9565-D6AAD5D20AC0.jpeg.565a18bc22c440624cc7490b23217ed7.jpeg

Quick update, will post properly after dinner.

Truck is 1986 had fuel injection removed and Edelbrock 1406 in place. Needs a dizzy cap, spark leads and ignition module. Was running until a couple of months ago apparently.

Truck bed needs to be sorted, looks like it is ready to fall off.

Fiberglass wheel arches are 50% missing. Rear fuel filler pipe is severed so assume rear tank is toast and the tank switch is prob dead

No tailgate. Factory AC compressor missing. Tires and whees suspect, missing lugnuts.

Interior is complete and in reasonable shape.

I am on the fence..

What do you guys think? I can het it for $500 and can get it towed home.

Wife is leaving it up to me.

How hard are those wheel arches to find?

Scooters were already sold!

What do you guys think? I can het it for $500 and can get it towed home.

Wife is leaving it up to me.

How hard are those wheel arches to find?

Scooters were already sold!

Sounds/looks like it won't be a driver without a bit of work so depends upon if that was the selling point.

I've never heard of an 86 460 fuel injected so I would question that. Maybe if it was really late 86?

Something is going on with the bed also. Those welded on brackets make it look like it had a flatbed at one time. I've never looked for those fenders to see if they ever come up for sale but on most of the dually pickups I've seen they look about like that one.

All that aside, for 500 and only 20 minutes away, it wouldn't be a bad buy. Looks fairly well optioned and one could very easily get their money back from it. All depends upon if you want a project or want to part it out for both yourself and to sell.

Sounds/looks like it won't be a driver without a bit of work so depends upon if that was the selling point.

I've never heard of an 86 460 fuel injected so I would question that. Maybe if it was really late 86?

Something is going on with the bed also. Those welded on brackets make it look like it had a flatbed at one time. I've never looked for those fenders to see if they ever come up for sale but on most of the dually pickups I've seen they look about like that one.

All that aside, for 500 and only 20 minutes away, it wouldn't be a bad buy. Looks fairly well optioned and one could very easily get their money back from it. All depends upon if you want a project or want to part it out for both yourself and to sell.

Also just noticed it has later model taillights but the arches in the original photos look correct. Just pointing it out.

Yes, it shouldn't have been EFI in '86. But for $500 if you can easily get it home it is probably worth it. However, it can be a LOT of work and a fair amount of money to get it going.

On the scooters, that's probably a blessing that they were sold.

Yes, it shouldn't have been EFI in '86. But for $500 if you can easily get it home it is probably worth it. However, it can be a LOT of work and a fair amount of money to get it going.

On the scooters, that's probably a blessing that they were sold.

I am leaning towards buying and towing it home..

How hard is it to come by those fiberglass wheel arches?

This would be a long term project.

I am leaning towards buying and towing it home..

How hard is it to come by those fiberglass wheel arches?

This would be a long term project.

Oooo,

Forgot to say, i scored some parts.. including an open back tachometer and 3/4 panels for the truck and Bronco!!!

C5856825-CE57-46A8-8E83-FCFFB6694992.jpeg.eabaa29bfdb7f0006cf0394d168b84e7.jpeg

Those are good looking parts! Well done!

I just need to work out the wheel arch flares... if I can find any path to fixing replacing those I will get it...

All and any suggestions welcomed!

Will do a walk through and VIN on next visit, I need to see the title too..