Bullnose Forums

Template done for a brush gaurd.

reamer

My bull bar indeed measures 34" between the uprights. And it is a perfect fit on a front bumper.

But Dad's frame measures 40" outside/outside, so these bars don't mount to the frame. Look at the pic of Jerry's and you'll see some hardware at the bottom. I'll ask him for some pics to clarify.

I'm posting this for Bill:

Gary, I was just trying to post a picture showing where the brushguard mounted on Darth and the picture uploader would not work, first it gave me a message of an invalid URL, then would not even open to browse. ???

Here is the picture, you can see from the rust stains where the unit attached, essentially right over the frame ends.

IMGP0584.thumb.jpg.471ec41050ae81c821bb8cde70cb340a.jpg

I'm posting this for Bill:

Gary, I was just trying to post a picture showing where the brushguard mounted on Darth and the picture uploader would not work, first it gave me a message of an invalid URL, then would not even open to browse. ???

Here is the picture, you can see from the rust stains where the unit attached, essentially right over the frame ends.

The purpose in sending it to you was to give you and others an idea where they mounted.

So yours mounts to the inside of the frame rails? there must be a set of "3-inch spacers" in order to mount

to the rails?

Ron, if that message was for me, first the picture was taken after I changed the front sheet metal and before I got the bumper off. The guard used the two lower bumper bolt holes if I remember correctly (it's been close to 7 years ago I removed it) and had fairly heavy hooks (flat bar bent to go over the bumper and bolt to the vertical portion). The lower may have had a fixed hook on it. The vertical pieces were probably 1 1/2 - 2" across the back and open inside.