Bullnose Forums

The Return of Rusty

:nabble_smiley_good:

Gary,

The spacer blocks came in Friday with no issues. I'll be working on the suspension later today so hopefully I won't hit any other road blocks. In case someone else is working on their rear suspension here's the Figure out of the shop manual for F-150 -- F-350 (4x4) Bronco.

rear_suspension_manual_figure_4.jpg.1e0a643378cb6a6db65fc172bf7a63d0.jpg

Gary,

The spacer blocks came in Friday with no issues. I'll be working on the suspension later today so hopefully I won't hit any other road blocks. In case someone else is working on their rear suspension here's the Figure out of the shop manual for F-150 -- F-350 (4x4) Bronco.

Glad they made it, Clay. Good luck! 👍

Glad they made it, Clay. Good luck! 👍

Before Lift:Before_2.jpg.0524cf8e83eab8f12ce7deac24fe4f6b.jpg

After Lift:After_2.jpg.f67c5dff189e190925b8edd04e524cb0.jpg

Thank you to everyone who provided input along the way. Next stop is the Classic Auto shop for Ball Joint replacements, Adjustable Camber Bushings, and an alignment. Now is when I start daydreaming about new wheels and tires! Suggestions Welcome!

Before Lift:

After Lift:

Thank you to everyone who provided input along the way. Next stop is the Classic Auto shop for Ball Joint replacements, Adjustable Camber Bushings, and an alignment. Now is when I start daydreaming about new wheels and tires! Suggestions Welcome!

Looks great, Clay! Rusty is really shaping up. :nabble_anim_claps:

Tires: Something different than the ones you have? They are noisy, but not as noisy as the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx tires on Big Blue. Maybe there is something that still provides the traction but is quieter?

Wheels: Are you wanting to go bigger, like 16"?

Looks great, Clay! Rusty is really shaping up. :nabble_anim_claps:

Tires: Something different than the ones you have? They are noisy, but not as noisy as the Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx tires on Big Blue. Maybe there is something that still provides the traction but is quieter?

Wheels: Are you wanting to go bigger, like 16"?

I think just upgrading the tire size will be my top priority. Rough Country says 32's are as big as they recommend. However, I know some guys who have installed this kit are running 33's with no problem. The road noise isn't an issue for me. 15 years in aviation has helped in that regard. As Rusty sits the front currently has alot of positive camber. Can't wait to get that taken care of.

• 2 weeks later...

I think just upgrading the tire size will be my top priority. Rough Country says 32's are as big as they recommend. However, I know some guys who have installed this kit are running 33's with no problem. The road noise isn't an issue for me. 15 years in aviation has helped in that regard. As Rusty sits the front currently has alot of positive camber. Can't wait to get that taken care of.

Rusty is back home. The shop said the ball joints are good and didn't need replacing. He was also able to re-use the existing camber bushing and simply rotate it 180 degrees. So that means I have brand new Upper/Lower Ball Joints and adjustable camber bushings that I can't return. If anyone is in need let me know and we can work something out. Just glad to have Rusty back on the road.

Side note, the suspension upgrade was well worth it. The ride is fantastic for a 40 year old truck! Next step will be new tires this Summer.

Rusty is back home. The shop said the ball joints are good and didn't need replacing. He was also able to re-use the existing camber bushing and simply rotate it 180 degrees. So that means I have brand new Upper/Lower Ball Joints and adjustable camber bushings that I can't return. If anyone is in need let me know and we can work something out. Just glad to have Rusty back on the road.

Side note, the suspension upgrade was well worth it. The ride is fantastic for a 40 year old truck! Next step will be new tires this Summer.

Congrat's! Not only do you have a good-riding truck with the correct alignment, but you know an honest alignment tech. :nabble_anim_claps:

• 2 weeks later...

Congrat's! Not only do you have a good-riding truck with the correct alignment, but you know an honest alignment tech. :nabble_anim_claps:

Gary,

I started playing with Rusty's radio today and wanted to ask your advice. The radio was not connected in the back so that explains why it never turned on lol. There were several wires, harnesses not connected in the dash and I'm wondering if you remember what goes to what? I'm thinking that the first picture below plugs directly into the radio, but I can't seem to be able to find the connector for the 2nd radio hookup. Take a look at the pics below and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

PXL_20210325_175156598.thumb.jpg.8d57ab97d9fcbbf10ea82660792207f7.jpg

PXL_20210325_175222328.thumb.jpg.281bc9acd74287cacdc50584a431d3ad.jpg

PXL_20210325_175209373.thumb.jpg.d25485b30a5e09e1460a8026d4a8e040.jpg

PXL_20210325_175247797.thumb.jpg.f7445a36ed80c650131ecd3c162026e3.jpg

PXL_20210325_175317864.thumb.jpg.3b7902f568fb2e0a787030485d4452b8.jpg

Gary,

I started playing with Rusty's radio today and wanted to ask your advice. The radio was not connected in the back so that explains why it never turned on lol. There were several wires, harnesses not connected in the dash and I'm wondering if you remember what goes to what? I'm thinking that the first picture below plugs directly into the radio, but I can't seem to be able to find the connector for the 2nd radio hookup. Take a look at the pics below and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Doing a little more digging and come to find out there is no center speaker. LoL, that sure explains no sound. Perhaps a $30 Amazon bluetooth speaker is in Rusty's future.

BTW, this is the first time I've removed the dash cover and wow that original dash is U.G.L.Y and rotten.

Rusty_Center_Speaker.thumb.jpg.d2816ae3f1b0a617ab24323ed4d768e8.jpg