Bullnose Forums

Greetings from Regensburg, Germany

Hello friends,

My name is Philipp, i am 36, i am originally from Bamberg, but now live in a village close to Regensburg.

I was transferred for 2 years to Greenville, South Carolina through my company. Thats also where i bought my 1984 XLT longbed automatic 2WD.

I own it now for over a year and sent it over to Germany last summer.

In the US i did get the carburetor adjusted, replaced broken door panels, got a new starter and TFI module and exchanged the plugs. Also i had to seal the rear glass panel since some water was leaking through. I also did replace the billet grill with a standard one again. Other than that the it was in pretty good shape.

It was a magic moment when i finally saw it again in Germany after the long journey.

Interestingly, it seems to run a lot better than in the US. Maybe thats because rhe air isnt as humid as it is in the South.

I am loving my truck and am so happy that i brought it over. It is very special here ;) Right now, i have another job though. We have a 10months old boy. Hopefully, he will work on it with me in some years.

Oh, i found this forum because of my issues with the starter solenoid and the TFI module.

I received very helpful information.

I did attach some pictures od my F150. Most of themwere still taken in the US.

Cheers,

Philipp88475A87-38F3-496F-84A1-15EB08F3D9BB.jpeg.ab2ae347991078bc58d90cf9f09e8602.jpeg

CBAA7F07-AE0A-490B-B9F3-629E621D24C5.thumb.jpeg.9ef0771d426e83bf7208f8f1ae43464b.jpegF2768A76-FAF8-4871-8E95-BEF143A77571.thumb.jpeg.da966d97a8a66e96bc5d4212ee93c22d.jpeg85B1F822-CB71-4F32-B7AA-4B4568666006.jpeg.ffe203e0c085e5f2fb96668faa7f1de0.jpeg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, it seems to run a lot better than in the US. Maybe that's because the air isn't as humid as it is in the South.

My first guess would have been that you had better quality fuel in Germany?

In any case, welcome aboard Phil. Nice truck. It's very cool to see some of these trucks in Germany. They must be a real head turner over there.

I think we have several German Bullnose owners on here now;).

Congrats on finally getting her across the ocean;).

Philipp - Welcome! Sure glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I've been to Regensburg. We took a Viking cruise down the Danube a few years ago and due to the low water situation we started there rather than Nuremberg if I remember correctly. And I remember the cathedral.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you. But do you want it to be the little village? Which is it?

Nice truck! It looks really sharp. As others have said, those colors pop. And it will be nice to work on it with your son. Congratulations!

Philipp - Welcome! Sure glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I've been to Regensburg. We took a Viking cruise down the Danube a few years ago and due to the low water situation we started there rather than Nuremberg if I remember correctly. And I remember the cathedral.

We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you. But do you want it to be the little village? Which is it?

Nice truck! It looks really sharp. As others have said, those colors pop. And it will be nice to work on it with your son. Congratulations!

Hallo Phillip!

Soon we'll be more Germans than Americans here!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Soon we'll be more Germans than Americans here!

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I'd love it! Give me another reason to visit your beautiful country - to meet you guys! :nabble_anim_handshake:

I would be happy to make you a coffee and Philipp might give out a Bratwurst. Is there a better reason to come over?

I would be happy to make you a coffee and Philipp might give out a Bratwurst. Is there a better reason to come over?

As long as I don't have to eat another weisswurst. That was the worst! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Had it in the Hofbräuhaus and I tasted it the rest of the day! :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Perhaps we could have a truck show here? (I took that pic about 5 years ago.)

American_Classics_at_Neu.thumb.jpg.b0e9f0164fe86c39cf9b3010951ceea8.jpg