Bullnose Forums

Possable to run two oil pressure gauges?

reamer

I can't find any oil pressure switch shown in the 1986 EVTM for a 351 with mechanical fuel pump. The bell shaped one is for the gauge.

What color are the wires to the 3 prong connector?

Looks like red-yellow stripe,gray-white dashes and a white or tan with red stripe.

Honestly they all look black due to age and location so I had to clean w/alcohol and rag.

Mine has two outlets and I broke the brass threaded end off while Changing fuel pump. The bell shaped sending switch is still good. Is that the one that goes to the gauge? The broken one has a 3 prong wiring connector that I assume goes to the eecIII computer, if not please let me know.

Thanks Randy

Randy - Are you asking for help to replace the adapter that you broke? Like Bill, I haven't found the wiring in the EVTM for that device. But, you aren't running a feedback system, right? No computer? If not, then you don't need that device.

I'd go to the hardware store and get the right pipe fittings to replace what you need of the broken piece and leave off that device.

Looks like red-yellow stripe,gray-white dashes and a white or tan with red stripe.

Honestly they all look black due to age and location so I had to clean w/alcohol and rag.

One quick question, and I read Gary's response. Those 3 wires, do they go up to the engine harness or the left inner fender wiring, or do they appear to be completely separate from the rest? They may have been something that was added and is now gone. If everything seems to work properly without anything connected to them, I wouldn't worry, just tape them out of the way.

Randy - Are you asking for help to replace the adapter that you broke? Like Bill, I haven't found the wiring in the EVTM for that device. But, you aren't running a feedback system, right? No computer? If not, then you don't need that device.

I'd go to the hardware store and get the right pipe fittings to replace what you need of the broken piece and leave off that device.

Only if it's necessary Gary. I have taken the computer out so if that connector goes to it as I suspect then I will just clip off the connection. I thought it might go to my gauge but if the bell shaped sending unit does that job then I won't worry about it.

I got the broken piece out last night so I'll just go to plumbing store and get a plug and be done with it :nabble_smiley_happy:

Thanks for responding

One quick question, and I read Gary's response. Those 3 wires, do they go up to the engine harness or the left inner fender wiring, or do they appear to be completely separate from the rest? They may have been something that was added and is now gone. If everything seems to work properly without anything connected to them, I wouldn't worry, just tape them out of the way.

Hi Bill, yes they go into the wiring harness leading into the cab but I don't think they contribute to anything that would disturb any functions. The adapter that was on there looked like it was able to handle a wet gauge if so desired. But I don't need it.

Thanks Bill.