Bullnose Forums

Possable to run two oil pressure gauges?

reamer

I got a digital oil pressure gauge, but I also want to keep using the stock dash-gauge.

I have a 351, and I believe it has a 2 or 3 inch "extension tube" screwed into the block, that the original sender screws into that. I understand 351's commonly have low pressure right from new, and machining during a re-build can open passages and increase pressure.

Is there a "dual" extension tube out there so I can run both the old sender (to the dash gauge) and the new sender to the digital gauge?

Thanks

You can use standard plumbing tees to run two sending units. But, some of the earlier trucks had both a gauge sending unit and one for the computer, and they had an extension that had an opening for each sending unit.

Interesting! mines a Carbed 351 but don't think this one had a smart-enough computer at the time, and currently I am completely computer-less! (unless you count the Duraspark a computer) then I'm in.

Did Ford make a "dual port" tube with the all important part number?

Interesting! mines a Carbed 351 but don't think this one had a smart-enough computer at the time, and currently I am completely computer-less! (unless you count the Duraspark a computer) then I'm in.

Did Ford make a "dual port" tube with the all important part number?

I'm tempted to say "Yes, they did." But then you'd ask what it is, so..... :nabble_smiley_evil:

But, it looks like finding one new may be difficult.

Two-Port_Oil_Pressure_Adaptor.thumb.jpg.9c7cc33a8143f65416c78b9983407c7c.jpg

I'm tempted to say "Yes, they did." But then you'd ask what it is, so..... :nabble_smiley_evil:

But, it looks like finding one new may be difficult.

Got a hit with that number, NOS Parts has one... will call tomorrow and see if it is a "dual port" type.

Thanks Gary

Got a hit with that number, NOS Parts has one... will call tomorrow and see if it is a "dual port" type.

Thanks Gary

Welcome. But, if it is that exact part number it should have two ports - as shown. There are others, that I didn't include, with different part numbers that don't have two ports.

Welcome. But, if it is that exact part number it should have two ports - as shown. There are others, that I didn't include, with different part numbers that don't have two ports.

A tee for two senders is common. They are available aftermarket, unless you must have an original.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You can use standard plumbing tees to run two sending units. But, some of the earlier trucks had both a gauge sending unit and one for the computer, and they had an extension that had an opening for each sending unit.

Mine has two outlets and I broke the brass threaded end off while Changing fuel pump. The bell shaped sending switch is still good. Is that the one that goes to the gauge? The broken one has a 3 prong wiring connector that I assume goes to the eecIII computer, if not please let me know.

Thanks Randy

Mine has two outlets and I broke the brass threaded end off while Changing fuel pump. The bell shaped sending switch is still good. Is that the one that goes to the gauge? The broken one has a 3 prong wiring connector that I assume goes to the eecIII computer, if not please let me know.

Thanks Randy

I can't find any oil pressure switch shown in the 1986 EVTM for a 351 with mechanical fuel pump. The bell shaped one is for the gauge.

What color are the wires to the 3 prong connector?