Bullnose Forums

Greatings from Germany - Franconia

svenS

Something is going wrong!

I live near rothenburg and never had a whatchman tour!

I don't know if buying the truck is worth a story.

Always the same, you buy something and there is always more to fix than you thought!

For example:

How many drops oil (engine oil, between engine and transmission) on the bottom are normal after driving?

I forgot your question and comments.

First, you'd be surprised at what we have interest in. Try us. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Second, yes there's always something. A truck is never done. I call it peeling the onion. You cry and peel. But pretty soon you have a whole bunch of onion rings.

As for the oil drops, do you have the original intake manifold on the truck? I ask because people frequently do a poor job of sealing the front and rear of the intake manifold to the engine, and they'll for sure leak there if so. And that oil will work its way down the back of the engine and then drop out after a drive. Don't ask how I know.

Another possibility is the oil pressure sending unit that is also at the back of the engine. It screws in there, and if you have an electric fuel pump you'll also have an oil pressure switch there. Sometimes the fittings leak. Some times the sender leaks.

Or, it could be the rear main seal. But that's a huge pain to fix as the engine has to come out. So, I'd clean off the back of the engine behind the intake manifold and see if it looks like it is leaking there. Use carb or brake cleaner on a rag to get it really clean and go for a drive. Afterward is there oil there? Can you tell if it was from under the intake or the oil pressure sender/switch?

Welcome and really nice Truck!

Have the F250 with "base" equipment a power steering/brake?

Greetings from the Stuttgart region

Max

Thanks gary for that tips, I'll take a look!

As it looks, nobody has cleaned the past 30 years!

Bud today is gardening, my wife says :-(

@Max Servus nach Stuttgart!

Since the two things are not in the documents as Options , I assume that it is standard in all 250´s

20200502_162533(0).thumb.jpg.38fb9225abb830bc76bc39c95b4494cb.jpg

Thank´s for the nice welcome.

I live in a small town between würzburg and schweinfurt (both former US Army Bases), called Hausen (97262)!

There are really nice places here! We wanted to do our 5th vacation in america this year but this "corona thing" was against it!

Welcome to the forum. I am retired Army and was stationed in Wurzburg from 87 to 90. I and my Bronco and family traveled all over Europe. Im pretty sure if there was a something there to see, we went there.

Its funny how many offers I got to buy that Bronco while I was there.

Nice pickup you got there and this is the right to be if you need help with problems with it. There are a lot of smart folks here and a lot of information that you wont find any where else on the internet.

Welcome to the forum. I am retired Army and was stationed in Wurzburg from 87 to 90. I and my Bronco and family traveled all over Europe. Im pretty sure if there was a something there to see, we went there.

Its funny how many offers I got to buy that Bronco while I was there.

Nice pickup you got there and this is the right to be if you need help with problems with it. There are a lot of smart folks here and a lot of information that you wont find any where else on the internet.

Welcome to the forum. Wow, the germans are really starting to catch on!