Bullnose Forums

Greatings from Germany - Franconia

svenS

Hi,

my name is sven, i'm 44 and since i sold my mustang 4 years ago, i knew it had to be a v8 again.

Since 2 weeks i´m again a proud owner of an american engine.

It´s an 86 f250 with a 460 engine, automatic and 2 wheel drive, base equipment, except air conditioning.

The truck has minimal rust a few dents and scratches, little for a pickup in my opinion.

So far i have repaired the heating, replaced spark plugs and wire, mainly polished and cleaned the interior. The main reason for the purchase was the sound :-0, and the gasoline is very cheap at the moment ;-).

I also have an old tractor, a 57 VW Beetle and a Porsche 924. So I know that there is always something to screw and it will certainly not be boring.

I am very happy to be here with my new toy!!!

Pictures will follow as soon as i understand how it works :-(

Welcome!!!! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Franconia! Been there a few times. My wife and I drove up the Romantic Strasse and stayed in the little village with the night watchman. Cool tour!

Then a couple of years later we took a cruise down the Danube starting at Nuremberg, but stayed a couple of days ahead of the start of the cruise and thoroughly loved it.

So, where do you call home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would be happy to add you if we had a city/village.

As for the V8 sound, that 460 sure can put out neat tunes! Looking forward to getting mine back to making sweet music. :nabble_smiley_wink:

On posting pics, read about that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu.

Welcome!!!! Glad you joined! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Franconia! Been there a few times. My wife and I drove up the Romantic Strasse and stayed in the little village with the night watchman. Cool tour!

Then a couple of years later we took a cruise down the Danube starting at Nuremberg, but stayed a couple of days ahead of the start of the cruise and thoroughly loved it.

So, where do you call home? We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would be happy to add you if we had a city/village.

As for the V8 sound, that 460 sure can put out neat tunes! Looking forward to getting mine back to making sweet music. :nabble_smiley_wink:

On posting pics, read about that on the page at Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's in the menu.

Thank´s for the nice welcome.

I live in a small town between würzburg and schweinfurt (both former US Army Bases), called Hausen (97262)!

There are really nice places here! We wanted to do our 5th vacation in america this year but this "corona thing" was against it!

K800_20200418_190443.jpg.e379672eba4845f3aa6bd5ee17718ff6.jpg

I live in a small town between würzburg and schweinfurt (both former US Army Bases), called Hausen (97262)!

There are really nice places here! We wanted to do our 5th vacation in america this year but this "corona thing" was against it!

Welcome!

Sven, you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, there are some neat places there. The little village with the night watchman was Rothenburg, I assume you know.

Beautiful truck! Some American serviceman brought it over?

Sven, you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, there are some neat places there. The little village with the night watchman was Rothenburg, I assume you know.

Beautiful truck! Some American serviceman brought it over?

Thanks for adding me!

I already thought it was Rothenburg. a place where you can buy Christmas items all year round:nabble_smiley_good:

Until recently the car was still in the area of ​​LA.

A small company brought it over.

I bought it while it was still on the ship.

Thanks for adding me!

I already thought it was Rothenburg. a place where you can buy Christmas items all year round:nabble_smiley_good:

Until recently the car was still in the area of ​​LA.

A small company brought it over.

I bought it while it was still on the ship.

You can see from the map that you aren’t the only member in Germany.

Yes, the Christmas market is open year-round in Rothenburg. But for us the highlight was the night watchman’s tour. That was really cool.

As for the truck, that’s a neat story on how you got it. Would be good to write up in a thread about the truck in the main section.

You can see from the map that you aren’t the only member in Germany.

Yes, the Christmas market is open year-round in Rothenburg. But for us the highlight was the night watchman’s tour. That was really cool.

As for the truck, that’s a neat story on how you got it. Would be good to write up in a thread about the truck in the main section.

Something is going wrong!

I live near rothenburg and never had a whatchman tour!

I don't know if buying the truck is worth a story.

Always the same, you buy something and there is always more to fix than you thought!

For example:

How many drops oil (engine oil, between engine and transmission) on the bottom are normal after driving?

Something is going wrong!

I live near rothenburg and never had a whatchman tour!

I don't know if buying the truck is worth a story.

Always the same, you buy something and there is always more to fix than you thought!

For example:

How many drops oil (engine oil, between engine and transmission) on the bottom are normal after driving?

Sven - It is always the case that the locals don't go. Years ago we had a Brit move into our little town in Oklahoma and he asked what there was to see. So we explained what was available, but none of us had been.

Later we moved to London and I asked about seeing castles in the UK. A guy brought a book about them, but no one had been to see any of them.

:nabble_smiley_cry: