Bullnose Forums

80s accessories that are still cool

They still make these!!

The big thing I can't find is the grille inserts! Lund made these for Bulls at one time.

The other thing that I've notice has become very popular again is the bug shields and stone guards for the headlights.

I thought those stone guard for headlights were kind of cool looking and at one time I tried to find some square ones for my truck to protect my ECE composite glass housings but now I don't know if I would want them.

I do know I am trying to find some custom KC light covers but I don't think they make the style that I would like to get. I know they make the one that just says KC with the US flag in the letters but I would have liked a rebel flag one as I could have swore seeing some rebel flag based covers for KC lights once before.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought those stone guard for headlights were kind of cool looking and at one time I tried to find some square ones for my truck to protect my ECE composite glass housings but now I don't know if I would want them.

I do know I am trying to find some custom KC light covers but I don't think they make the style that I would like to get. I know they make the one that just says KC with the US flag in the letters but I would have liked a rebel flag one as I could have swore seeing some rebel flag based covers for KC lights once before.

You're talking to just the guy to find those things. I've found quite a few oddball light covers over the last few years, from BAJA and Trojan, to various discontinued KC covers etc. Let me see what I can come with.

You're talking to just the guy to find those things. I've found quite a few oddball light covers over the last few years, from BAJA and Trojan, to various discontinued KC covers etc. Let me see what I can come with.

I think I still have the bug shield off of my '84. Will not fit my Bricknose.

That would be great, cause if I got a roll bar and added some lights to it even if I don't hook the lights up to anything and just have them as dummies I would have covers stay on them all the time.

I just have to be careful though cause right now I think my Auxiliary fuse box is going to be completely used up on relay positions but I might be able to figure out a way to jumper two functions to one relay and open up one relay point. Or I could say screw it on having the two AC circuits for my fuel injection to control step up to keep the engine from stumbling when AC is activated and to control ac cut out when engine starts to over heat or when I go wot.

Also what about the highliner headliner? From what I was told about it, it was a JC Whitney item from the 70`s that was expanded to newer vehicles including our trucks.

untitled.png.8db772b1c33dda9f4260dbcc50fa070a.png

I thought of getting one for my truck but I am not crazy about the speakers in the headliner. If it was just smooth without the speakers I would get it as then I could add a toggle switch and relay behind the overhead radio bin for any roll bar lights I may or may not add.

That would be great, cause if I got a roll bar and added some lights to it even if I don't hook the lights up to anything and just have them as dummies I would have covers stay on them all the time.

I just have to be careful though cause right now I think my Auxiliary fuse box is going to be completely used up on relay positions but I might be able to figure out a way to jumper two functions to one relay and open up one relay point. Or I could say screw it on having the two AC circuits for my fuel injection to control step up to keep the engine from stumbling when AC is activated and to control ac cut out when engine starts to over heat or when I go wot.

I have found USA ones, but I have not seen rebel flag ones in years. I never hooked the lights up on mine, and it took dad almost 30 years to do it to his.

I have found USA ones, but I have not seen rebel flag ones in years. I never hooked the lights up on mine, and it took dad almost 30 years to do it to his.

Im sure many were done that way. I know you don't want flood lights on your roll bar as it will light up your hood and roof and be blinding to you. But I just think a roll bar with no lights on it just looks weird.

But then again seems like many rally trucks have bars with only lights on the front grill guard and nothing on the roll bar.

Im sure many were done that way. I know you don't want flood lights on your roll bar as it will light up your hood and roof and be blinding to you. But I just think a roll bar with no lights on it just looks weird.

But then again seems like many rally trucks have bars with only lights on the front grill guard and nothing on the roll bar.

I feel the same, roll bars have to have lights or they look awkward, with the exception of the Freewheelin' trucks.

They actually weren't too bad with the hood (although this is my biggest issue with roof mounted light bars is being blinded from the hood) but I have more issue with them shining through the back window. This isn't a problem if the mounting tabs come off the roll bar a few inches forward like dads bar. My bar didn't have tabs, so I made some. I measured his tabs which were about 4" long from the weld out (3" forward since the last was centered) and made mine out of some aluminum stock I had floating around, drilled 2 holes and ran a 6" long bolt thru my tubes (previous lights had super long studs) and then mounted the lights forward. That eliminated the shine in issue.

You can see how far forward his are here. I prefer them forward mounted than flush.

Snapchat-6789315989446609830.thumb.jpg.dc7a869051daee76acc217498b497813.jpg

I feel the same, roll bars have to have lights or they look awkward, with the exception of the Freewheelin' trucks.

They actually weren't too bad with the hood (although this is my biggest issue with roof mounted light bars is being blinded from the hood) but I have more issue with them shining through the back window. This isn't a problem if the mounting tabs come off the roll bar a few inches forward like dads bar. My bar didn't have tabs, so I made some. I measured his tabs which were about 4" long from the weld out (3" forward since the last was centered) and made mine out of some aluminum stock I had floating around, drilled 2 holes and ran a 6" long bolt thru my tubes (previous lights had super long studs) and then mounted the lights forward. That eliminated the shine in issue.

You can see how far forward his are here. I prefer them forward mounted than flush.

The roll bar I am looking at it has a light bar mount that bolts to the tube center line. I know I would need to get the light bar mount base as I don't think I could get a bolt on CB antenna mount for a 3" roll bar tube. Then I don't know if I want to risk scratching the roll bar finish all up on something I may or may not keep on the truck. At least if it scratches up the light bar mount I can just buy that separate and replace it.

I'm enjoying all the responses so far! I haven't been posting but just taking it in and checking it frequently.

How 80s are turbine wheels? I've a set made by Pacer that are wrapped in 33s that I'm picking up tomorrow! They are the rims in my profile pic. I'll try to upload a good pic. They are also the same wheels the first owner bought for the truck (truck used to belong to a family friend's dad) so I want them on there, I love a good story and I know his family would appreciate it.

From what I gather, that's a Smittybilt roll bar, but never have been able to confirm. Seen a million of them though. I much prefer it to the mushroom style, and straight kickers, typically like the Go Rhino ones.

Here's a few better pictures, also we modified it to support the spare tire, since before we had the mount that sits in the side of the bed.

FB_IMG_1498336523486.jpg.dba8df3e4201c16fe5c80028a6b0b15f.jpgFB_IMG_1498336512270.jpg.430e27256bb1a23fad0e32d43f2d4cb7.jpgIMG_20170701_072108368.thumb.jpg.ac9d5c5a21a40a861ef8d6af1b44c93f.jpg