Bullnose Forums

80s accessories that are still cool

which is why I have a magnetic mount antenna at the rear part of my cab. Once I get my truck painted how ever I wont be putting a magnet back on the roof so I am thinking of trying a roll bar mount and then running a ground strap from the roll bar to my frame since I have a flare side and the roll bar will be mounting into wood.

I figured if the antenna is mounted on a roll bar clamp on the front side it should put the antenna over the rear of my cab. Not as far forward as my magnetic mount but it should still have a good transmission as it does still have the metallic roof below.

Now I have seen it stated it can cause a forward transmission while reducing rear transmission but at the same time the reading I did stated that the more antenna you have above your cab the better the transmission. Well with a roll bar mount all of the antenna will be above the cab so it kind of contradicts one another when you start reading more into it.

Rusty, Firestik has a downloadable guide on their website, you may have seen it. I’ve found it to be very useful and informative.

I’ve tried links and it goes to their main website. But I’ll try it.

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/Cb&swr-18pg.pdf

AM is kind of weird to me, I’ve put radios in and did all I could to get it perfect and it would be crappy. I’ve thrown things together for a temporary setup and it’s great.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Edit: The link worked!

Had to look up Ohyoucheetah National Forest! AFAIK I’ve only been to Arkansas once and that was an overnighter at Little Rock Air Force Base. I’ve never seen so many C130’s at one place!

Around here we call it Wash-ee-taw, unless you're real backwoods then its Warsh-ee-taww lol. It's a place of one name but many interpretations of pronunciation:nabble_smiley_happy: It's an awesome place. The airforce likes to train over Lake Ouachita so it's pretty common to see fighter jets, helicopters, gunships, and cargo planes fly over the house and over the lake.... especially cool when they're barely above the tree tops:nabble_smiley_cool:

Had to look up Ohyoucheetah National Forest! AFAIK I’ve only been to Arkansas once and that was an overnighter at Little Rock Air Force Base. I’ve never seen so many C130’s at one place!

These might help with those turbine wheels. On a travel trailer forum I use people rave about these balancers.

https://www.centramatic.com/

Thanks! I've looked into those briefly. They're not cheap but they're supposed to be really good. I got the wheels balanced by a good shop after they put some 33s on the turbines last week.....wheel see how it goes this time around (pun intended). Putting them on the truck this Friday. Might be investing in some centramtics, we shall see

These might help with those turbine wheels. On a travel trailer forum I use people rave about these balancers.

Thanks! I've looked into those briefly. They're not cheap but they're supposed to be really good. I got the wheels balanced by a good shop after they put some 33s on the turbines last week.....wheel see how it goes this time around (pun intended). Putting them on the truck this Friday. Might be investing in some centramtics, we shall see

IMG_20130804_125914_1212.jpg.bb0e343bb762532249baf4add46553c1.jpg

Does this grille count as 80s? Old picture of when I saw the truck for the first time

Around here we call it Wash-ee-taw, unless you're real backwoods then its Warsh-ee-taww lol. It's a place of one name but many interpretations of pronunciation:nabble_smiley_happy: It's an awesome place. The airforce likes to train over Lake Ouachita so it's pretty common to see fighter jets, helicopters, gunships, and cargo planes fly over the house and over the lake.... especially cool when they're barely above the tree tops:nabble_smiley_cool:

That’s cool! Lot’s of indian names in the northwest, that you have to learn how to pronounce.

And then there’s the Willamette Valley, (wi lam it), lot’s of people wait to pounce on newbies when they say william ette. Had that happen to me, told the lady I was impressed with her welcoming skills!

...lot’s of people wait to pounce on newbies when they say william ette. Had that happen to me, told the lady I was impressed with her welcoming skills!

Ha! I used to have a friend in Myrtle Creek, Oregon and the first time I actually spoke to him on the phone back about 20 years ago, the very first thing he did was correct my pronunciation of Oregon...ha. I'll never forget it, he said "Wait, hold up....first things first, Oregon ain't gone nowhere! It's Ore-Gin, not Ore-Gone".

Maybe it's a Canadian thing, I dunno, but I had never heard it called anything but "Ore-Gone". lol.

...lot’s of people wait to pounce on newbies when they say william ette. Had that happen to me, told the lady I was impressed with her welcoming skills!

Ha! I used to have a friend in Myrtle Creek, Oregon and the first time I actually spoke to him on the phone back about 20 years ago, the very first thing he did was correct my pronunciation of Oregon...ha. I'll never forget it, he said "Wait, hold up....first things first, Oregon ain't gone nowhere! It's Ore-Gin, not Ore-Gone".

Maybe it's a Canadian thing, I dunno, but I had never heard it called anything but "Ore-Gone". lol.

Cory, must be a canadian thing.....like hockey.

Here in the South, if you mention hockey, or say Ore-Gone, you'll get some sideways looks. Lol

Ha! Yeah there’s that. My cousin in Tennessee says Ore gone! Everybody thinks it rains all the time in Oregon. It does on the west side. People forget or don’t know that most of the state isn’t a rain forest.

Ha! Yeah there’s that. My cousin in Tennessee says Ore gone! Everybody thinks it rains all the time in Oregon. It does on the west side. People forget or don’t know that most of the state isn’t a rain forest.

Then there's Ouray Colorado. I've heard it OO-ray, oo-RAY, YOU-ray, you-RAY, YOUR-ay, your-AY and maybe one or two other ways as well. And I've seen "definitive" answers to that that differ from each other.

And if anyone remembers the TV show "Coach" where Craig T Nelson played the head coach at fictitious Minnesota State University (although since that time Mankato State University was renamed Minnesota State). I remember an episode where they were going to Shakopee (a town south of the Twin Cities). But instead of pronouncing it SHOCK-o-pee they pronounced it sha-KO-pee. OK, you made us Minnesotans like the show by setting it in our state. But now you've offended us.

Right. I suppose a lot of people get confused between Portland and the rest of Oregon. I've spent a little bit of time there and love the state, but I never did get to see any eastern parts of Oregon. The Hells Canyon area was on my bucket list for years, but I never did get there.