Bullnose Forums

Used dash pads

Yes, they are. But with the shipping they are getting pretty costly. I wonder how likely they are to crack during shipping?

Considering mine cracked overnight while it was well supported and left alone, I'd imagine the risk is very high unless you were able to manipulate foam to perfectly match the contours of the pad, and use one piece per side to perfectly support it. Maybe then you'd have a lesser chance, but it would probably still crack.

It really depends on the dash pad though, and how much of the chemical compounds have evaporated away through the years.

Considering mine cracked overnight while it was well supported and left alone, I'd imagine the risk is very high unless you were able to manipulate foam to perfectly match the contours of the pad, and use one piece per side to perfectly support it. Maybe then you'd have a lesser chance, but it would probably still crack.

It really depends on the dash pad though, and how much of the chemical compounds have evaporated away through the years.

Yes, I was thinking about your dash pad, Shaun. And I can't imagine a casual shipper being that much more careful than you. Then there's the shipping company, which is going to toss it around.

I'm not into spending anything like $100, much less $200+, on a used pad. And shipping isn't an option in my book.

Yes, I was thinking about your dash pad, Shaun. And I can't imagine a casual shipper being that much more careful than you. Then there's the shipping company, which is going to toss it around.

I'm not into spending anything like $100, much less $200+, on a used pad. And shipping isn't an option in my book.

First one is sold!