Bullnose Forums

Call For June 2020 Truck Of The Month Pictures

Rob - I think the carry-over is a good idea. But where should I pin it? In the main section or the TOM folder?

All - Do you agree with the carry-over? What about pinning?

Sorry Gary, my post wasn't clear. I meant pin them in the TOM folder, but I suppose the main section would work just as well if you wanted to keep the TOM for the winners only. Then you could keep the TOM folder as is and just add the monthly nominations and poll to the main section pinned area with the Lounge etc.

No worries Steve. This forum is all about saving these trucks and keeping them on the road. They can't all be restored garage queens! Lord knows my daily isn't perfect, but she's driven every day!

It reminds me of a tractor that used to show up at the Oregon SteamUp every year. It was a late 40's John Deere LA - rough old dog with hardly a speck of paint left on it. It ALWAYS came in running under it's own power with a big sign that said "I STILL WORK FOR A LIVING".

No worries Steve. This forum is all about saving these trucks and keeping them on the road. They can't all be restored garage queens! Lord knows my daily isn't perfect, but she's driven every day!

It reminds me of a tractor that used to show up at the Oregon SteamUp every year. It was a late 40's John Deere LA - rough old dog with hardly a speck of paint left on it. It ALWAYS came in running under it's own power with a big sign that said "I STILL WORK FOR A LIVING".

It don't look to bad for mostly original paint from the front door back on the drivers side and from the back of the pass door back. The front tin was replaced it 93 and re painted. The newer paint will buff out and look as good as the original except on the pass door. Im not sure what the deal is with that as it is two shades of red and when the door was put on, they put bondo over a rust spot and re painted it again. All of this work was done because of accidents my ex-wife had in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good point, I'd forgotten it myself. Done. Thanks.

20180325_182745.jpg.67bfe45d613cc60176d25cb06b08b21f.jpg

Here's my "Parts Truck". Named that because it was a package deal with an '86 flare side that was a bare rolling chassis. It was intended to be a donor, but I didn't have the heart to use it for that! It's been my daily for well over a year now, and is bulletproof!

1986, 302/AOD, currently has about 188k original miles on it.

Here's my "Parts Truck". Named that because it was a package deal with an '86 flare side that was a bare rolling chassis. It was intended to be a donor, but I didn't have the heart to use it for that! It's been my daily for well over a year now, and is bulletproof!

Man that's a fine lookin' parts truck.:nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, that's a good looking truck!

And, you've reminded me that I'm late to get the poll up. Thanks! :nabble_anim_working:

That is one good looking pickup for being a " parts truck". I am glad you dident part it out.