Bullnose Test Forum

Hydroboost brake pedal?

It isn't the year of the brake pedal, but the application. It should come from a truck with hydroboost.

See this post in my build thread on Big Blue. You'll see that the pin that the link attaches to is higher on the hydroboost pedal.

So Gary it should work since the aero has hydroboost? Following your link it looks all I need to do is swap a hydroboost pedal in place of my non hydroboost pedal. I thought I needed the whole assembly not just the pedal.

So Gary it should work since the aero has hydroboost? Following your link it looks all I need to do is swap a hydroboost pedal in place of my non hydroboost pedal. I thought I needed the whole assembly not just the pedal.

Yes, you only need the pedal. You can't use an '87 and later pedal assembly in a Bullnose, but the pedals themselves swap into a Bullnose pedal assembly.

I put a '95 hydroboost pedal in Big Blue's '85 pedal assembly quite easily, with no modification.

Yes, you only need the pedal. You can't use an '87 and later pedal assembly in a Bullnose, but the pedals themselves swap into a Bullnose pedal assembly.

I put a '95 hydroboost pedal in Big Blue's '85 pedal assembly quite easily, with no modification.

Thank you Gary for your help and info.

It isn't the year of the brake pedal, but the application. It should come from a truck with hydroboost.

See this post in my build thread on Big Blue. You'll see that the pin that the link attaches to is higher on the hydroboost pedal.

Yep I keep telling my boss when we do hydroboost conversions the pin needs to be moved up closer to the pivot of the brake pedal. he doesn't listen and then I hear through the grapevine the customers don't like how touchy the brakes are and they yank all the hydroboost off.

Me if I do mine I am looking at a late 80`s superduty hydroboost as I can pick up a reman for under $200 from rockauto. Just have to look up the brake pedal part number on my parts guide for the same truck and hunt for the pedal.

You can run it with the OE vacuum booster brake pedal but it just will be very touchy wanting to throw you through the windshield just barely touching the pedal.