Bullnose Forums

Suggestions On How To View & Use The Forum

We've been blessed with a lot of new members over the last few months, and they may not have gotten their heads around how to best view and use the forum. So I thought I'd give some suggestions, and some of this is buried in the poll on Facebook, but I thought it warranted its own thread to get more visibility.

Notifications: It is possible to get notifications via email when a new post is made on any topic. You can read about that on the Email Notifications tab in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

Posting via Email: It is also possible to post by replying to an email notification that you get. However, that can create ugly posts, so please read about that in the Email Notifications tab as well.

Browsing: Let's say you aren't subscribed to get email notification, but want to just browse to see what has been said. As Jim mentioned, the blue links indicate threads which have posts you've not read, and the purple indicates threads on which you are current. But that brings up the bit about which of the two "views" are best to use:

• Main View: This is the view you get when you go to the Main page or click on Bullnose Forum. Here you see all of the folders and the pinned items, then below them you see the threads in the main section in chrono order. However, you do not see things that have been posted in the folders.

• Topics View: If you click the Topics View link you'll be shown things that have changed in chrono order, even if they are buried in one of the folders. This is a handy way to keep up with what is being said w/o having to drill down into each folder.

Here's a shot of the Main View, and you can tell you are in Main View because it gives you the Topics View option:

Main_View_-_Showing_Topics_View_Option.thumb.jpg.5d3bcf2df968b191a254af87e70bcf27.jpg

Here's a shot of the Topics View, and you can tell you are in Topics View because it gives you the Main View option:

Topics_View_-_Showing_Main_View_Option.thumb.jpg.6445e161a50cc760b2d33b6e511b60db.jpg

Hope that helps. But if any of you have other tips, or upgrades on those, please chime in. :nabble_smiley_good:

I think the biggest thing I'd like to see is a quick reply box at the bottom of a thread like the FTE website, that way I don't have to always hit the reply button.

Angelo - This thread is about how to use the forum, not modifying it. Do you want me to move this to the Website & Forum Suggestion Box? That's where suggestions on changes should go.