Bullnose Forums

Finding a correct horn pad?

I'm having a heck of a time finding the "correct" horn pad. Base truck, base vinyl interior, black horn pad without cruise. I've ran all our part numbers on these horn pads, and none of them seem to come up with the correct center Ford logo. This horn pad doesn't have the clear plastic "button" or "sticker", its actually molded into the pad with a blue face around it, and I'm presuming white letters at one time.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me but dad is having a hemorrhage trying to find the right one. I have seen other examples of this, but can't find a reproduced one with the correct coloring.

Screenshot_20200426-224700_Photos.jpg.f8e68859faf1f86e90738c0c01642f31.jpg

I know the 70's (78-79 and older cars) trucks and cars also had these horn pads and there are older part numbers, should I check those? I know some of them came in different styles than available for our trucks as far as trim goes.

If I do find an older one, I'll definitely give a part number as this truck is an 85 and they were still being used.

Just for reference, if you look in the background there is an actual horn pad emblem button style one glued to the dash.

Are you looking for NOS or just a replacement?

I think I saw quite a few like that on ebay but I don't think they were new I think they were all used.

This is one of the ones I found on ebay its fairly nice looking.

I checked ebay today actually, seeing if there was any hits on my saved part number searches for the wood grain cruise control horn pad for my '82 as mine is just all brown. I found one for mine but its a newer style with a newer style wood grain pattern fool wanted $400 for the whole wheel and horn pad new in the box.

Are you looking for NOS or just a replacement?

I think I saw quite a few like that on ebay but I don't think they were new I think they were all used.

This is one of the ones I found on ebay its fairly nice looking.

I checked ebay today actually, seeing if there was any hits on my saved part number searches for the wood grain cruise control horn pad for my '82 as mine is just all brown. I found one for mine but its a newer style with a newer style wood grain pattern fool wanted $400 for the whole wheel and horn pad new in the box.

Preferably just a brand new one like it, if reproduction makes one.

Over the digging I've done over the last hour or so since I've posted, I've determined it's got to have a 70s P/N (I have not removed it to check yet).

Over the digging I've done over the last hour or so since I've posted, I've determined it's got to have a 70s P/N (I have not removed it to check yet).

This one is used in pretty good shape. let me check my part number book cause that horn pad was also used in the 80s as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1986-Ford-Truck-Horn-Button-Pad-Black-Bronco-F100-F150-F250-F350/153863812574?hash=item23d2ff75de:g:KwAAAOSwETBebBFA

This one is used in pretty good shape. let me check my part number book cause that horn pad was also used in the 80s as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1986-Ford-Truck-Horn-Button-Pad-Black-Bronco-F100-F150-F250-F350/153863812574?hash=item23d2ff75de:g:KwAAAOSwETBebBFA

Also I don't know if you want to upgrade but this is a NOS unit on ebay just like yours but with woodgrain.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-81-82-83-84-85-86-FORD-F150-F250-F350-XLT-WOOD-GRAIN-HORN-PAD-LARIAT-NEW/193022300496?hash=item2cf1069150:g:NH4AAOSwS8tdQMQH

Im going to grab the OE part number from my parts and illustration guide and double check the non cruise non wood grain ones on ebay.

Also I don't know if you want to upgrade but this is a NOS unit on ebay just like yours but with woodgrain.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-81-82-83-84-85-86-FORD-F150-F250-F350-XLT-WOOD-GRAIN-HORN-PAD-LARIAT-NEW/193022300496?hash=item2cf1069150:g:NH4AAOSwS8tdQMQH

Im going to grab the OE part number from my parts and illustration guide and double check the non cruise non wood grain ones on ebay.

The NOS one appears to have the button, the first one is the real deal!

Trying to stick with what the truck has, he's not a fan of any of the optional trim,

I think you are in luck.

Looks like Dennis-Carpenter has reproductions of your hornpad being made off Ford tooling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEERING-WHEEL-HORN-PAD-FITS-F100-F150-F250-F350-TRUCK-BRONCO-1978-1979-1981/182608527577?hash=item2a845100d9:g:q8UAAOSw42dZNeIS

It says 78 - 81 but that part number, #D9TZ-13A805-A is listed in my 80 - 89 parts and illustration guide as being 80 - 86 E-F-U100/350, black without cruise control.

yours would have had a emblem just like this but they pop off leaving silver and blue behind. Mine is the same way on my '82 but all the blue and silver is gone now.

Also this is from NPD, its NOS and its cheaper.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/horn-button-assy-black-finish-ford-original-ford/128452?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dhorn%252Bbutton%26top_parent%3D60000%26year%3D

But continue searching, I suggest you save the part number as a saved search in ebay it will notify you when one comes up. 4 years and still no hits on my E0TZ-13A805-A for my horn button for my '82.

I think you are in luck.

Looks like Dennis-Carpenter has reproductions of your hornpad being made off Ford tooling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEERING-WHEEL-HORN-PAD-FITS-F100-F150-F250-F350-TRUCK-BRONCO-1978-1979-1981/182608527577?hash=item2a845100d9:g:q8UAAOSw42dZNeIS

It says 78 - 81 but that part number, #D9TZ-13A805-A is listed in my 80 - 89 parts and illustration guide as being 80 - 86 E-F-U100/350, black without cruise control.

yours would have had a emblem just like this but they pop off leaving silver and blue behind. Mine is the same way on my '82 but all the blue and silver is gone now.

Also this is from NPD, its NOS and its cheaper.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/horn-button-assy-black-finish-ford-original-ford/128452?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dhorn%252Bbutton%26top_parent%3D60000%26year%3D

But continue searching, I suggest you save the part number as a saved search in ebay it will notify you when one comes up. 4 years and still no hits on my E0TZ-13A805-A for my horn button for my '82.

Excellent, that would explain where the little badge on the dash came from! Thank you very much.

Excellent, that would explain where the little badge on the dash came from! Thank you very much.

I suspect my horn was the same way. I never been able to find an actual photo of a NOS horn button for my truck with the wood grain but I suspect even mine had the same little button as well. I just don't think ford would have used the button emblem on some pads and not on others.

I also didn't notice the little ford oval on the radio bezel, that looks like the horn pad emblem.

I suspect my horn was the same way. I never been able to find an actual photo of a NOS horn button for my truck with the wood grain but I suspect even mine had the same little button as well. I just don't think ford would have used the button emblem on some pads and not on others.

I also didn't notice the little ford oval on the radio bezel, that looks like the horn pad emblem.

It's actually a fairly thick little button, seems a little different than these aftermarket ones but I could be wrong. I have searched for them and have been unable to find them, as I was looking for one for the factory wheel of my 1979 truck. I might have a better picture of that button, let me take a look around.