Bullnose Forums

Gas Pedal assembly

M8 on the firewall threads.

Do you have one at all? I ask because there are two different styles I know of. For lack of better descriptions - a thin one and a thick one.

I posted a comparison of them at one time but can't find it. Not sure if it has to do with motor or carpet or just a change in years.

Hen's teeth. I've only ever found them at a junkyard. Maybe a good subject for the "Interchange" page?

A few on Ebay for around $50

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=82+f150+gas+pedal&_sacat=0

Possibly, but the firewalls did change in the later years. I'm not sure if that section of it did or not.

Do you have one at all? I ask because there are two different styles I know of. For lack of better descriptions - a thin one and a thick one.

I posted a comparison of them at one time but can't find it. Not sure if it has to do with motor or carpet or just a change in years.

Awesome, for some reason I was thinking 1/2x20 LOL.

Yes it's currently installed in the truck and is completely worn out and actually bent from years of stopping on it. The truck is an early 85, base model non AC with vinyl floor. I did not know there was a difference. If you can manage to find it it would be very helpful.

Hen's teeth. I've only ever found them at a junkyard. Maybe a good subject for the "Interchange" page?

A few on Ebay for around $50

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=82+f150+gas+pedal&_sacat=0

Possibly, but the firewalls did change in the later years. I'm not sure if that section of it did or not.

Awesome, for some reason I was thinking 1/2x20 LOL.

Yes it's currently installed in the truck and is completely worn out and actually bent from years of stopping on it. The truck is an early 85, base model non AC with vinyl floor. I did not know there was a difference. If you can manage to find it it would be very helpful.

The later years are different and the pedal is stepped. Not positive if it was changed in 87 or a couple years into the next gen.

Here are the two types I've seen.

Thick one: 1985 F250, 460, rubber mat

Thin one: 1986 F250, 460, carpet

I disassembled and 'rebuilt' a jy one for my truck (page 2 in the build thread shows it)

IMG_20200424_210615.thumb.jpg.e50f73af2110b2a4cd639f3f2a201eba.jpg

The later years are different and the pedal is stepped. Not positive if it was changed in 87 or a couple years into the next gen.

Here are the two types I've seen.

Thick one: 1985 F250, 460, rubber mat

Thin one: 1986 F250, 460, carpet

I disassembled and 'rebuilt' a jy one for my truck (page 2 in the build thread shows it)

Ok cool I will keep an eye out. I'm pretty the the mounting is the same. I will check, I cant remember if its thick or thin off hand. I want to say thin, but I'll double check. Anyway you can get me a thickness measurement to base off of?

Ok cool I will keep an eye out. I'm pretty the the mounting is the same. I will check, I cant remember if its thick or thin off hand. I want to say thin, but I'll double check. Anyway you can get me a thickness measurement to base off of?

Angelo - I probably have one and will look in a bit.

All - Here's the info from the MPC on the part numbers. Looks like there were only two and, oddly enough, the odd one was only for the 300 when there was interference with the carpet or mat.

Do we need a page for this?

Overall_Header.thumb.jpg.7652662beb8ca7d1f7b326d8292b653d.jpg9725_Header.thumb.jpg.9859ab3ad56f6d363d6d3b58ba9e75e8.jpg9725-1.thumb.jpg.31b537ae6ec85da37df8827f0e0bb449.jpg9725-2.thumb.jpg.30b59f397496b9ce50ca0a48192aaa54.jpg

Angelo - I probably have one and will look in a bit.

All - Here's the info from the MPC on the part numbers. Looks like there were only two and, oddly enough, the odd one was only for the 300 when there was interference with the carpet or mat.

Do we need a page for this?

Well it was a 300 powered truck....

Interesting. Should be noted I suppose.

Well it was a 300 powered truck....

Interesting. Should be noted I suppose.

This one's yours for the shipping, Angelo. I'm sure it is the standard one 'cause I've not parted out any trucks with the 300. And, it is the same as the one on Big Blue and Dad's truck.

The numbers on the pedal itself are E0TA 9A799 AB. That's obviously the ID # and not only is it not in the MPC it is not in the cross-reference from part number to ID #. :nabble_anim_confused:

Throttle_Pedal_-_Side.thumb.jpg.cea8b1b67b694fa48724065b84830a65.jpg

Throttle_Pedal_-_Front.thumb.jpg.7238f7e42a787fba1c6994c395bf0c39.jpg

This one's yours for the shipping, Angelo. I'm sure it is the standard one 'cause I've not parted out any trucks with the 300. And, it is the same as the one on Big Blue and Dad's truck.

The numbers on the pedal itself are E0TA 9A799 AB. That's obviously the ID # and not only is it not in the MPC it is not in the cross-reference from part number to ID #. :nabble_anim_confused:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n58073/Throttle_Pedal_-_Side.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n58073/Throttle_Pedal_-_Front.jpg

Anyway you can estimate shipping time 14036? I'm sure dad will take it. In fact I'll just get it for him.