Bullnose Forums

Having fuel problems need a direction to head in

Frank - That's good to know. This is something that is frequently asked, and somehow we need to determine what the size(s) are. However, the screen grabs below are from the MPC, with "9324" being the base part # for fuel line.

So, what do we make of this? I see both 5/16" and 3/8" used. :nabble_anim_confused:

Is the 3/8 for the hose and the 5/16 for the tube? I think the hose would have to be a diameter larger in order to slide over the tube and clamp onto it.

Is the 3/8 for the hose and the 5/16 for the tube? I think the hose would have to be a diameter larger in order to slide over the tube and clamp onto it.

Good question, and one for which I didn't know the answer. But a bit of Googling tells me that which the tubing OD is accurately represented, the hose ID isn't quite. MercRacing has the table shown below.

The easiest row to look at is the 2nd one with 7/16-20 thread size. The tubing size is 1/4" but the actual hose size is .22". But I think the hose will actually say it is 1/4" hose. So apparently hose sizing is slightly smaller in OD than the "size" shown on it so it'll tightly fit the tube.

Tube_vs_Hose_Sizes.thumb.jpg.04db35453cc701dae94cb6557d9c254a.jpg

Good question, and one for which I didn't know the answer. But a bit of Googling tells me that which the tubing OD is accurately represented, the hose ID isn't quite. MercRacing has the table shown below.

The easiest row to look at is the 2nd one with 7/16-20 thread size. The tubing size is 1/4" but the actual hose size is .22". But I think the hose will actually say it is 1/4" hose. So apparently hose sizing is slightly smaller in OD than the "size" shown on it so it'll tightly fit the tube.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n57913/Tube_vs_Hose_Sizes.jpg

Gary that is a fantastic chart, any way we can integrate that into the forum database?

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n57913/Tube_vs_Hose_Sizes.jpg

Gary that is a fantastic chart, any way we can integrate that into the forum database?

Sure. But where? Ideas? Thoughts?

Sure. But where? Ideas? Thoughts?

I wonder if we need a new section. Maybe called "Reference"? A place where we could collect details we want to get back to, like hose sizes or bolt torque spec's. Things that we may need to know and just need a place to keep them for future use?

Thoughts?

I wonder if we need a new section. Maybe called "Reference"? A place where we could collect details we want to get back to, like hose sizes or bolt torque spec's. Things that we may need to know and just need a place to keep them for future use?

Thoughts?

That would be my best guess, a reference section. That would be a really neat idea especially when it comes to engine rebuilds, I can go through my Haynes and get torque specs for a lot of things as well. Since paper manuals are going away (working for Advance about a year ago we threw them all out), specs for things are going to become harder to get ahold of.

That would be my best guess, a reference section. That would be a really neat idea especially when it comes to engine rebuilds, I can go through my Haynes and get torque specs for a lot of things as well. Since paper manuals are going away (working for Advance about a year ago we threw them all out), specs for things are going to become harder to get ahold of.

Please don't go to Haynes for torque spec's! They almost ruined a Kawi 900 for me decades ago, so I don't believe a word they say. Having said that, the 1995 factory shop manual has errors as well.

No, what I meant was standard torque specs for a given bolt. There's a spec for every bolt and nut, so if we had that and couldn't find the right one in the factory shop manual, most of which we have on the site, then we could use the standard spec. Or, if we had a question about something in the FSM would could check the standard spec - which is what I did recently and proved the '95 FSM wrong.

Please don't go to Haynes for torque spec's! They almost ruined a Kawi 900 for me decades ago, so I don't believe a word they say. Having said that, the 1995 factory shop manual has errors as well.

No, what I meant was standard torque specs for a given bolt. There's a spec for every bolt and nut, so if we had that and couldn't find the right one in the factory shop manual, most of which we have on the site, then we could use the standard spec. Or, if we had a question about something in the FSM would could check the standard spec - which is what I did recently and proved the '95 FSM wrong.

Ah, ok I follow what you are saying now. That would be a fantastic reference to have.