Bullnose Forums

Small block ZF-5 and T-case on facebook

reamer

Says it was off a 460 and I think I see the clutch fork sticking out the side so the slave would be outside, just missing.

model S-5 42, That is what I have in my Flareside with 351... interesting, but your right slave mounts outside?

my_ZF_tag.thumb.jpg.fbc60deb566506c663a55319ea6a5eb0.jpg

model S-5 42, That is what I have in my Flareside with 351... interesting, but your right slave mounts outside?

That's a good price for all that - assuming the mount can be fixed.

I think that's a BW1356 t-case, and it has the double-cardan front yoke awa the u-joint on it.

I think that's a BW1356 t-case, and it has the double-cardan front yoke awa the u-joint on it.

Wish I came across this two weeks ago when I had to replace my ring gear. I could have swapped in a Zf - 5

At that price it's very tempting, the cracked mount is part of the tcase where it mounts to the cross member so I could just swap in the 5 speed for my 4 and rebuild the tcase for a backup or sell to recoup the money, I just went through my tcase.

At that price it's very tempting, the cracked mount is part of the tcase where it mounts to the cross member so I could just swap in the 5 speed for my 4 and rebuild the tcase for a backup or sell to recoup the money, I just went through my tcase.

I don't think that cracked mount is on the t-case. The t-case only mounts to the tranny with the ~6 bolts in a circle. It doesn't have a mount to anything else.

That looks like an ear on the transmission itself where it bolts to the mount that sits on the crossmember.

I don't think that cracked mount is on the t-case. The t-case only mounts to the tranny with the ~6 bolts in a circle. It doesn't have a mount to anything else.

That looks like an ear on the transmission itself where it bolts to the mount that sits on the crossmember.

I'm probably not going to make it to the shop today, but can take a pic tomorrow to show how the ZF5 mounts.

I'm probably not going to make it to the shop today, but can take a pic tomorrow to show how the ZF5 mounts.

Here's the front snout of my tcase, you can see the mount that goes to the cross member sitting on the block of wood. I'm thinking that Facebook one is similar, but I could be wrong. I'll wait to see your pics tomorrow. Enjoy your day trip to civilization IMG_20200405_1729292.jpg.fa16a78a1aec8baf23596d19acefb599.jpg

Here's the front snout of my tcase, you can see the mount that goes to the cross member sitting on the block of wood. I'm thinking that Facebook one is similar, but I could be wrong. I'll wait to see your pics tomorrow. Enjoy your day trip to civilization

Brian - I don't recognize that t-case. It doesn't look like an NP208, or a BW1345 that I would have expected on your truck, or a BW1356 that I think is on that ZF5.

And, it occurred to me that I don't need to take more pics as I already have them. Here's the front view of a BW1345, and you can see the 6 holes where it bolts to the tranny, with no mount provisions otherwise:

T-Case_Front_-_Powder_Coated.thumb.jpg.5ba590af7b10c7221fea599c05987268.jpg

And in this pic you can see the 6 bolt holes on the back of the tranny, as well as how the tranny bolts to the mount and the mount to the crossmember:

Crossmember_And_Gussets_Torqued.thumb.jpg.ba7e0655ab65a5b7af71e8b42c591c5b.jpg