Bullnose Forum

Door panels

IMG_20200329_1633073.jpg.d83709107623d5cda6fc98e072580a8b.jpgP

on painting my faded door panels to match the rest of the interior a little better. Any recommendations on what works on making the cloth inserts match better. I know there's products to paint fabric but have no experience. Any insight would be appreciated.

I, too, have had good results with SEM products. But I've not used it on fabric. Just plastic.

I'm concerned about it ending up with an odd texture being cloth. Figure that once I start spraying there's no turning back. I've seen great results on plastic.

I'm concerned about it ending up with an odd texture being cloth. Figure that once I start spraying there's no turning back. I've seen great results on plastic.

Spray it on something similar. Or, is there fabric turned under on those panels? If so, shoot it and see.

Carpet repair businesses can get the shades almost exactly right for repairs that need a dye to match the rest of the room. Maybe have them try a junk yard donor to test it. I imagine starting from a light color like that may yield some good results.

I've found regular paints can make carpet a hard rough texture if laid heavy but I thought SEM made fabric paint too.

I've found regular paints can make carpet a hard rough texture if laid heavy but I thought SEM made fabric paint too.

I'm hitting the junk yard this weekend hoping to score a complete air cleaner assembly. I'll try and find some similar fabric to do some testing.