Bullnose Forums

Parking brakes

jdavidsmi

More onion peels. I decided to get my parking brakes working. I knew the cables were both bad, so i purchased new cables. Plus the metal piece under the dash that the brake lever attaches to was broken, so i pulled the dash apart and had it welded back together.

Now i have everything apart and as i had noticed on a couple of occasions the gauges acting funny, now would be a good time to replace the Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator, it's here.

I have the dash apart so, why not repaint the gauge needles. I ask Pete's advice on the paint to use, and now that's done. Thanks Pete.

After rereading the instructions, realized i had forgotten the 9volt battery adapter. its on order.

So back to the brakes. I took the left side apart and replaced the cable, then realized the lever that attaches to the cable and actually engages the parking brake is missing. The PO had replaced the brake pads and rebuilt the cylinder, but did not bother with the parking brake. I opened the right side up and the lever is missing on that side also.

Does any one have a set of levers that will fit the the 84 F150. The part number is D7AZ-2A737-A, and 2A638-A

By the way, i have the axel pivot bushings in hand. and on it goes.

David Smith

David - On the brake levers, are you sure it is D7AZ-2A737-A?

Shouldn't it be D7AZ-2A637-A & D7AZ-2A638-A, as shown here?

You can see the levers on the rear brake tab here: Driveline/Brakes. Are those the ones? If so, I may have a pair, but will have to go look and won't get out to the shop until Friday.

Yes, your correct, my dyslexia showing up again. If you do happen to have a set and willing to part with them, i sure could use them. let me know shipping and cost.

David

Yes, your correct, my dyslexia showing up again. If you do happen to have a set and willing to part with them, i sure could use them. let me know shipping and cost.

David

I will check tomorrow, but if you don't hear (see?) from me by Saturday please rattle my cage. (I think my memory used to be better, but I don't remember. :nabble_anim_confused:)

David

I'll bet that is a well built truck, Norfolk Assembly used to have the best quality control of all the Ford plants.

David - On the brake levers, are you sure it is D7AZ-2A737-A?

Shouldn't it be D7AZ-2A637-A & D7AZ-2A638-A, as shown here?

You can see the levers on the rear brake tab here: Driveline/Brakes. Are those the ones? If so, I may have a pair, but will have to go look and won't get out to the shop until Friday.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the parts you need. I've looked everywhere and they aren't here.

Perhaps one of our intrepid parts finders can find them on-line for you. As a reminder, the #'s are D7AZ-2A637-A and D7AZ-2A638-A.

I'm sorry, but I don't have the parts you need. I've looked everywhere and they aren't here.

Perhaps one of our intrepid parts finders can find them on-line for you. As a reminder, the #'s are D7AZ-2A637-A and D7AZ-2A638-A.

Here is the D7AZ-2A637-A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-D7AZ-2A637-A-PARKING-BRAKE-LEVER/112734464966?epid=1032465681&hash=item1a3f7f6bc6:g:jwIAAOSwX7BaTwVl&vxp=mtr

I had no luck with D7AZ-2A638-A.

I'll bet that is a well built truck, Norfolk Assembly used to have the best quality control of all the Ford plants.

I agree its well build, but hurting from lack of maintenance.

Gary thanks for looking, I found a guy (by word of mouth) over in Eastern Tennessee who is parting out a couple of Bullnoses, i will drive over next week and see whats available.

I agree its well build, but hurting from lack of maintenance.

Gary thanks for looking, I found a guy (by word of mouth) over in Eastern Tennessee who is parting out a couple of Bullnoses, i will drive over next week and see whats available.

You might be able to pay for your trip if you were to get parts for others. :nabble_smiley_wink: