Bullnose Forums

WTB: In-Bed Spare Tire Carrier

I think there may be some pieces in a truck I'm scrapping, (Red truck in my profile. Rust got to it). Will check in the next few days.

I am up in Canada, shipping may get a bit pricey though.

This truck being scrapped....manual trans by any chance? Will you be selling parts?

I have about 20 trucks, all being parted, saving 3 or 4 of them. Some are manual, most are AT.

I really should put up a tour of my field of dreams.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 20 trucks, all being parted, saving 3 or 4 of them. Some are manual, most are AT.

I see. I've been looking around for a floor shift manual trans steering column for my '84. Not much left for these old trucks out here in the Maritimes. Everything has long rusted away. If you have any that you want to part with, let me know. It's not the end of the world if I don't find one, I'll just modify the one I have if need be.

I see. I've been looking around for a floor shift manual trans steering column for my '84. Not much left for these old trucks out here in the Maritimes. Everything has long rusted away. If you have any that you want to part with, let me know. It's not the end of the world if I don't find one, I'll just modify the one I have if need be.

I'll check. For some reason I think I have one without tilt. I'll message you.

Also thought about the original post here. No more teasing! I do have a bed mount spare tire bracket. Shipping from Canada. S0A 2P0. Cost of shipping plus $50 CDN for my time to take it off sound fair?

Getting cold again here. May be a few days before I can get at it.

20180214_154550.jpg.42c3dac1df168e7a53819aeec3cb06ca.jpg

Do you have an underbed spare tire assy.?

Thanks Randy

Oh and a tachometer for 83 gas/automatic transmission?

Randy - I may have the spare tire carrier. I will look tomorrow. The shipping would be a lot less than from Canada. In fact, you could come up and get it. Or, we might meet somewhere some day - I'm sitting in the Barnes & Noble on 71st Street, so do get to T-town ever other week or so.

But, I don't have an extra tach, so I'll leave that to Ray or someone else.

Randy - I may have the spare tire carrier. I will look tomorrow. The shipping would be a lot less than from Canada. In fact, you could come up and get it. Or, we might meet somewhere some day - I'm sitting in the Barnes & Noble on 71st Street, so do get to T-town ever other week or so.

But, I don't have an extra tach, so I'll leave that to Ray or someone else.

Alrighty sounds good Gary, unfortunately I work nights in Tulsa twice a week and never know what nights. This week it's Fri & Sat . Ugh normally tue & Sun.

I asked Bill/NumberDummy for help on the 1A457 question, and he said it appears to only be for the 6' 9" bed. (And, I asked him to join us here.)

My guess as to the reason for only the 6' 9" bed, is that the tire is to be mounted behind the driver and must have sufficient clearance between the front of the bed and the area where the rear wheel cover protrudes into the bed.