Bullnose Forums

WTB: In-Bed Spare Tire Carrier

Since I have the rear dual tank, I'm looking for the parts to put the spare in the bed. I know I can go aftermarket far easier, but I'd like to try and source the correct parts if it doesn't bankrupt me. Anyone have anything from the parts diagram?

Does anyone know for sure if the 1A457 is only required for the 6'9" bed?

Thanks!

Nathan

f-series-in-bed.thumb.jpg.7753c6b665bce05f00a7aa9085c030b1.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't answer your question. All I can do is stir the pot.

You probably know, but I have the illustrations and part numbers for the spare tire carriers here: Exterior/Spare Tire Carriers. And as you've found, while the illustration shows that 1A457 is for a 6' 9" Styleside box, the text section doesn't say that. In fact, the text section implies by the absence of any other info that it is for all bed lengths and Styleside as well as Flareside. Plus, the actual part number is E0TZ 1A457-A and it is called an Extension (Spare Wheel Carrier Support).

But wait, the plot thickens! There is another mention of 1A457 in the catalog, and it happens to be with another Extension Assy. (Spare Wheel Carrier Support). This is said to be for 1983 through 1989 F100's through 350's, but it was replaced by (r/b) E3TZ 1A457-C. However, that part is for the little Ranger, not the full-sized one. :nabble_anim_crazy:

In-Bed_Spare_Tire_Extension_1381-A.thumb.jpg.595ae205f599b5fc1870ad1b678d32dd.jpg

In-Bed_Spare_Tire_Extension_1A457-C.thumb.jpg.550bb77718f8d78bd00eb1ac4a82d04f.jpg

I can't answer your question. All I can do is stir the pot.

You probably know, but I have the illustrations and part numbers for the spare tire carriers here: Exterior/Spare Tire Carriers. And as you've found, while the illustration shows that 1A457 is for a 6' 9" Styleside box, the text section doesn't say that. In fact, the text section implies by the absence of any other info that it is for all bed lengths and Styleside as well as Flareside. Plus, the actual part number is E0TZ 1A457-A and it is called an Extension (Spare Wheel Carrier Support).

But wait, the plot thickens! There is another mention of 1A457 in the catalog, and it happens to be with another Extension Assy. (Spare Wheel Carrier Support). This is said to be for 1983 through 1989 F100's through 350's, but it was replaced by (r/b) E3TZ 1A457-C. However, that part is for the little Ranger, not the full-sized one. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I pulled the image from your info. (Thank you BTW for such an awesome site, it has been a HUGE help) I actually printed it, wrote the part numbers on it and sent it off to a handful of the NOS suppliers to see what everyone has. So far one supplier has responded and they have the 1A457 piece and they want $300. I asked them if it was for the 6'9" bed only and their response was....."there is only one application," but didn't comment on what that application was....very helpful....

I pulled the image from your info. (Thank you BTW for such an awesome site, it has been a HUGE help) I actually printed it, wrote the part numbers on it and sent it off to a handful of the NOS suppliers to see what everyone has. So far one supplier has responded and they have the 1A457 piece and they want $300. I asked them if it was for the 6'9" bed only and their response was....."there is only one application," but didn't comment on what that application was....very helpful....

Glad the site is helping, and thanks for saying so. You are welcome.

LOL! "There is only one application." That is hilarious! But, $300 isn't funny at all.

Some place there is a discussion of the in-bed carriers, but I'm not finding it. Anyone know where it is?

That is cruel and unusual punishment and I think you should send it over for free now...... :nabble_smiley_angry::nabble_smiley_happy:

I apologize!

I really do feel bad.:nabble_smiley_evil:

I think there may be some pieces in a truck I'm scrapping, (Red truck in my profile. Rust got to it). Will check in the next few days.

I am up in Canada, shipping may get a bit pricey though.

I think there may be some pieces in a truck I'm scrapping, (Red truck in my profile. Rust got to it). Will check in the next few days.

I am up in Canada, shipping may get a bit pricey though.

This truck being scrapped....manual trans by any chance? Will you be selling parts?