Bullnose Forums

New Project! But not a bullnose

Ray Cecil

I didnt take a picture, but this is what it looks like under the hood....this is from the web...

Ok. So that vic had some bad gas in the tank for sure. Ether was getting it to fire up, but it wouldnt idle. Would just die. Sounded like a misfire, and maybe no fuel. I have a set of basically brand new bosch platinum plugs in the bronco. So I am pulling the plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator from bronco to have some spare parts when I go back over there. I will go get a fuel filter too.

Can yall think of anything else I should take with me? He said it ran just fine when the guy died, and him and his brother have just been letting it sit around since late 2017.

I will take a good battery with me too, just in case that one they had wasnt properly charged.

I think that is the basics. I heard the fuel pump running just fine. Can yall think of anything else to give a quick check on a SD 5.0?

Oh...Dont Ask Me How I Know....

Well Jim...I am going to ask anyway.

Could the egr be wide open causing a no run?

Well, I did a little reading. Looks like if the egr isnt opening at part throttle, the computer will adjust timing for the absence of the enert gas.

So...I just need to make sure its not stuck open.

What did you find?

I havent got it to run yet. Was hoping to get it runni g good enough to drive it the 2 miles to my house instead of haulin it.

I didnt get back over there today. I am working right now. I plan on gettin over there tomorrow morning with a known good set of plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator, some sand paper to clean up the cap contacts, a fuel filter, a spare map sensor, and a new battery.

So I popped the trunk, and up in the rain gutter below the rear window I saw a little black wallet lookin thing. I grabbed it, opened it up and it was an old flip phone. The guy looked shocked. He looked at me and said, "My dad looked for that phone a long time, was stressing out about it, and died before he could find it. He was so mad, it was his favorite phone and couldnt find one to replace it."

Well, anyway. The car is in pretty good shape. The interior is nearly flawless. The old man kept the seat covered in that clear plastic stuff like you see on your great aunts favorite couch. Lol

What did you find?

I havent got it to run yet. Was hoping to get it runni g good enough to drive it the 2 miles to my house instead of haulin it.

I didnt get back over there today. I am working right now. I plan on gettin over there tomorrow morning with a known good set of plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator, some sand paper to clean up the cap contacts, a fuel filter, a spare map sensor, and a new battery.

So I popped the trunk, and up in the rain gutter below the rear window I saw a little black wallet lookin thing. I grabbed it, opened it up and it was an old flip phone. The guy looked shocked. He looked at me and said, "My dad looked for that phone a long time, was stressing out about it, and died before he could find it. He was so mad, it was his favorite phone and couldnt find one to replace it."

Well, anyway. The car is in pretty good shape. The interior is nearly flawless. The old man kept the seat covered in that clear plastic stuff like you see on your great aunts favorite couch. Lol

Maybe you should just drive it. They are great cars!