Bullnose Forums

Block heaters?

Any reason that there is a freeze plug block heater on both sides of my 460? I'm confused as why two. Not sure if this was an PO add on. Don't know why it would be a factory option. Feel free to beat me up if I'm stating something simple.

Interesting question. I learned something tonight. This is from the 1986 pricing guide. Note that the price is double that of the option for a 4.9 or 5.0L. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That's interesting, a factory dual element. I know my electric bill is awful when I plug in my power stroke when it's cold, my wife would have a fit if I ran two heaters on the same truck 😂

That's interesting, a factory dual element. I know my electric bill is awful when I plug in my power stroke when it's cold, my wife would have a fit if I ran two heaters on the same truck 😂

That’s cool! Or warm, I guess.

I used a heavy duty appliance timer for my Ford diesel when I had it. I would have it come on about 2-3 hours before I would head for work, depending on the temperature.

That’s cool! Or warm, I guess.

I used a heavy duty appliance timer for my Ford diesel when I had it. I would have it come on about 2-3 hours before I would head for work, depending on the temperature.

I do similar to Dane. We have a SmartThings setup so I have an outlet that if the temp is below X it will turn on the heater at a certain time. If the temp is below Y it will turn it on a little earlier.

I do similar to Dane. We have a SmartThings setup so I have an outlet that if the temp is below X it will turn on the heater at a certain time. If the temp is below Y it will turn it on a little earlier.

Yeah I started using a timer right after I got that first $350 electric bill. Comes on at 2am and she fires right up at 4.

Yeah I started using a timer right after I got that first $350 electric bill. Comes on at 2am and she fires right up at 4.

After reading this, I don't feel so bad now. I have a couple that have block heaters and have them on a timer so they come on about two hours before I leave just to keep the electric bill down. This picture is for those that think it don't snow in AZ.001.jpg.83c430c0bf2756cf654ed61d7e248a6b.jpg

After reading this, I don't feel so bad now. I have a couple that have block heaters and have them on a timer so they come on about two hours before I leave just to keep the electric bill down. This picture is for those that think it don't snow in AZ.

There's a whole different AZ once you get up 5400 feet. Most people think it's 110 in the shade all year

I've been to the North Rim in the fall. And was on the South Rim in September a few years ago. Sure was cold at 6 AM when we got on those mules!

That picture was taken at 6 in the morning, we got two feet that day. here is one off of my front porch.New_Years_2015_004.jpg.13ebe1aaf2431295e3102e950090cf56.jpg