Bullnose Forums

Wish me luck

Dean_L

almost lost her today. I've had my 85f250 for 24 years. She nearly burned down today. Sheriff deputy was driving by just as ut happened. I got very lucky.

Shouldn't be to hard to rebuild. Just worried about finding new wiring harnesses

I've heard about this enough with old trucks and cars I went out and bought a good quality fire extinguisher to carry with me. Thinking about buying one for the passenger side also;).

Good luck getting her fixed up.

Dean - I do wish you luck. For sure.

But, this is the Picture Gallery folder and you didn't post a pic. Help up out and show us some pics? And tell us what happened?

I got very lucky. So far it looks like only damage to wiring and hoses. Carb looks ok, Im going to pull it off and clean it. A lot of damage to factory wiring, going to need to track down some harnesses

I've heard about this enough with old trucks and cars I went out and bought a good quality fire extinguisher to carry with me. Thinking about buying one for the passenger side also;).

Good luck getting her fixed up.

Took 2 fire extinguishers to get it out completely

my guess is a fuel line cracked open. I smelled fuel about 2 seconds before I noticed smoke/fire

That's a bummer! I hope you get it fixed easily.

As for the fuel leak, that's a serious concern. I'm going to go way out of my way to make sure my lines are leak-proof.