Bullnose Forums

Forum & Website Suggestions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or at least links to multiple pages/last page link like FTE uses.

Jonathan - Let me see if I understand. You want the ability from the main page of the Bullnose Forum to go to the last page of a thread instead of going into the thread and then selecting the last page. Right?

I think that is a reasonable request. And, I will pass it on, as well as Ron's last-post-first request. (I don't understand why anyone would want last-first, but I understand the request. :nabble_smiley_whistling:)

By "pass it on" I mean I'll go to the Nabble support forum and start a topic/thread on something like New Layout Wishes. That's because the folks behind Nabble are to start creating a new Nabble soon, and we need to get our desires in there. But, don't hold your breath on if or when these things will come. They are doing it at their own expense, so it may not happen very quickly.

Jonathan - Let me see if I understand. You want the ability from the main page of the Bullnose Forum to go to the last page of a thread instead of going into the thread and then selecting the last page. Right?

I think that is a reasonable request. And, I will pass it on, as well as Ron's last-post-first request. (I don't understand why anyone would want last-first, but I understand the request. :nabble_smiley_whistling:)

By "pass it on" I mean I'll go to the Nabble support forum and start a topic/thread on something like New Layout Wishes. That's because the folks behind Nabble are to start creating a new Nabble soon, and we need to get our desires in there. But, don't hold your breath on if or when these things will come. They are doing it at their own expense, so it may not happen very quickly.

Yes, on FTE it has the thread name (link), the last page (link) and up to five prior page numbers (links). It's just easier to navigate from the thread list straight to the most recent activity, which I believe is the reason Ron suggested newest to oldest. I don't think I would care for that arrangement myself, as it would become awkward to read the thread in chronological order, but it would seem easy enough to sort the posts that way as a view setting.

Yes, on FTE it has the thread name (link), the last page (link) and up to five prior page numbers (links). It's just easier to navigate from the thread list straight to the most recent activity, which I believe is the reason Ron suggested newest to oldest. I don't think I would care for that arrangement myself, as it would become awkward to read the thread in chronological order, but it would seem easy enough to sort the posts that way as a view setting.

Ok, got it. But, do you know that you can go to the top level of Bullnose Forum and click on Topics View, just to the right of New Topic, and get a chrono list of all posts to the forum? I'm not saying that takes the place of "Last Page", but it can get you the most recent posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris - I appreciate your comments. However, I suggest we don't discuss issues with FTE here "in the open". I have a lot of friends there and appreciate all of the work that goes on, behind the scenes as well as in front of it.

As for a "free provider who is going to inject advertising", I've already said I will pay the freight to ensure users of the Bullnose forum do not see advertising. When my status was not re-upped on FTE I saw ad's that embarrassed me and I'm not going to allow that to happen here.

My 2 cents would be possibly into the references area that perhaps if people like to use certain sites to purchase related items they like the quality of or have had good luck with in restorations or even a knowledge about car shows that they could post it for others to view at their leisure. I know from FTE I have found some helpful information and just googled a product in order to see where it might be found.

Love the humor here by the way.

My 2 cents would be possibly into the references area that perhaps if people like to use certain sites to purchase related items they like the quality of or have had good luck with in restorations or even a knowledge about car shows that they could post it for others to view at their leisure. I know from FTE I have found some helpful information and just googled a product in order to see where it might be found.

Love the humor here by the way.

Pick - Good suggestions. However, let me see if I understand before charging off to do it.

We have the Resources folder, as shown below, and currently have within that the two folders of Electrical and Suspension. You are suggesting a folder for Suppliers and one for Shows - is that right? And within those, if we did it correctly, there would be a topic for, say, LMC. And one for JBG, and one XYZ. And within that topic/thread people would give their experiences with that vendor? Or, would the topics be by the part acquired, like one for dash covers, one for tires, etc?

I'm just trying to understand so I set it up correctly.

IMG_0439.thumb.png.7b16d6680505d5da47b7488a210771a0.png

• 1 year later...

Does this forum have a mobile version? I do nearly all my surfing from an iPhone or tablet. The iPhone in particular has a lot of trouble, constantly getting kicked off, forcing me to sign back in multiple times.

I went searching for iPhone issues and found this post.

When I view the forum on my iPhone 8S, part of the forum screen is cut off. The upper part of the page appears to be centered OK, but the actual forum part itself is always cut off on the RH side.

Is this a phone setting or a forum bug?

Does this forum have a mobile version? I do nearly all my surfing from an iPhone or tablet. The iPhone in particular has a lot of trouble, constantly getting kicked off, forcing me to sign back in multiple times.

I went searching for iPhone issues and found this post.

When I view the forum on my iPhone 8S, part of the forum screen is cut off. The upper part of the page appears to be centered OK, but the actual forum part itself is always cut off on the RH side.

Is this a phone setting or a forum bug?

Is this true in landscape mode or just in portrait? I have similar problems in portrait, as shown here:

284FF863-971A-42A9-BBFF-D9C7D4334E77.png.160b32b5b154994771f533146f1e2a4f.png

But if I turn it to landscape it works fine, like this:

79FC6147-BD96-408E-8DEB-862EBBDA987E.png.630731690a53258bcd1ce59cd2dd9c84.png

But does it do what he same for you?

Is this true in landscape mode or just in portrait? I have similar problems in portrait, as shown here:

But if I turn it to landscape it works fine, like this:

But does it do what he same for you?

Gary,

Yes, same thing. Portrait is usually the same as yours (cut off), but landscape is usually OK. I think it was a specific thread (with a large photo) that was making it be cut off in both orientations.

Never mind...it's OK.

Gary,

Yes, same thing. Portrait is usually the same as yours (cut off), but landscape is usually OK. I think it was a specific thread (with a large photo) that was making it be cut off in both orientations.

Never mind...it's OK.

Are you viewing the forum in an app (like CrapaTalk), or in a true browser (like Chrome)?