Bullnose Forums

POLL: Which URL To Use?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need to discuss which URL we use for the site. I teed this discussion up on the Sticker thread earlier this morning, but things have moved on a bit since, so thought we ought to discuss it here.

As of today we "own" three URL's thanks to Scott/kramttocs. He realized that we call this place the Bullnose Enthusiasts forum, but we didn't have the bullnoseenthusiasts.com URL. So, for $12 we now do, and it redirects here just like bullnosebible does.

Now we need to decide which one(s) to use. But, I should 'splain a bit:

I grabbed the garysgaragemahal URL years ago when I was building the shop, which got dubbed the garagemahal. I used that to create a website that was intended to explain how I built the shop. Then I taught some classes at church and used the website to host them for others to use. Later when I got into these trucks and discovered that FTE doesn't have a good way to create documentation I used the URL for that. Then I learned that I could have a forum on the site, so added this forum to the same URL.

But as of this writing we have 684 members for the forum, and we are adding several a week. And we have about that many pages of documentation - with many of those pages having embedded documents of up to 100 pages on them. So "garysgaragemahal.com" is not really appropriate anymore. It does not suggest what resides within. Besides, it sounds like "me" and I want it to sound like "us".

Given that, please vote on this poll. It'll be open for a week, after which we may make some changes depending on the voting. And if you have other suggestions, please chime in. Now is the time, before we make any changes.

NOTE: If we change away from garysgaragemahal.com we will have it redirect to whatever we change to so any bookmarks out there will still work.

I definitely really like "bullnosebible.com". It has a nice ring to it. Bullnoseenthusiasts.com is too plain, having the word "bible" in there gives it some pizzazz.

I've decided not to cast a vote. But Bullnosebible is catchy and it's a great description for the site. Gary, think you could keep garysgaragemahal in place? It would be fitting if you ever did that video series we talked about, could name the series the same. Even if different guys volunteered to do different segments, you could be the host and introduce the segments. Would tie everything together I think. Just a fun thought.

I've decided not to cast a vote. But Bullnosebible is catchy and it's a great description for the site. Gary, think you could keep garysgaragemahal in place? It would be fitting if you ever did that video series we talked about, could name the series the same. Even if different guys volunteered to do different segments, you could be the host and introduce the segments. Would tie everything together I think. Just a fun thought.

Now that's a good idea.

Now that's a good idea.

My Concern is not everyone knows this generation of trucks as the nick-name "Bullnose"... do you want to "pull in" interested parties that know them as 1980 to 1986 Trucks (somehow?)

OR refer in the search engines that 80 to 86 is known as a "Bullnose?"

just thinking.....:nabble_anim_confused:

Oops, that went to quickly! Not done!

Ron - While not everyone knows that these trucks are called bullnose, more do than to look for garysgaragemahal. So surely bullnose would be better?

Clifton - I plan to keep garysgaragemahal. So yes, it'll be "in place" But for a while it'll have to be redirected to whatever other URL we use as people will have it bookmarked or search for it.

Here are Google search stats as of today for the last three months. They are in "click" order, meaning that from the search results people clicked on these. And lots of people are searching for various forms of garysgaragemahal. So we have to keep that available, just redirected, for quite a while.

Search_Stats.thumb.jpg.57f3038d9059b199b9d0396d11d55f18.jpg

Oops, that went to quickly! Not done!

Ron - While not everyone knows that these trucks are called bullnose, more do than to look for garysgaragemahal. So surely bullnose would be better?

Clifton - I plan to keep garysgaragemahal. So yes, it'll be "in place" But for a while it'll have to be redirected to whatever other URL we use as people will have it bookmarked or search for it.

Here are Google search stats as of today for the last three months. They are in "click" order, meaning that from the search results people clicked on these. And lots of people are searching for various forms of garysgaragemahal. So we have to keep that available, just redirected, for quite a while.

Ok folks, thanks for the votes. The majority wants to go to bullnosebible.com so that's what we will do. But I need to figure out exactly what to do to ensure we don't have any problems, and am in the process of doing that. So it'll be a bit before we can do it, but it'll happen and I'll let you know before it does.