Bullnose Forums

NOS Fuel Tank Selector Switch

• 2 years later...

I believe it is for a 73-79 F-Series.

So I posted a link to this on another forum (www.for-trucks.com) in their 73-79 specific sub-forum and here is what one of the members who is a retired for parts guy had to say:

No such thing as a 1973/79 fuel tank selector switch!

1973/74 has a manually operated fuel tank selector valve located adjacent to the drivers side of the seat.

The selector switch located in the heater control panel only changes the dash fuel gauge from one tank to the other.

D3TZ-9A050-A .. Selector Switch 3 terminals - marked: D3TB-9A050-AA / Obsolete

--------------------

1975/79 has a fuel tank selector valve and solenoid assy located on the cross member.

The selector switch located in the heater control panel switches the tanks and the dash fuel gauge from one tank to the other.

D5TZ-9A050-A .. Selector Switch 5 terminals - marked D5TB-9A050-A / Obsolete

From this it appears it will work for 75-79 and it will switch the tanks and fuel gauge between the tank sending units.

Hope that helps.

So I posted a link to this on another forum (www.for-trucks.com) in their 73-79 specific sub-forum and here is what one of the members who is a retired for parts guy had to say:

No such thing as a 1973/79 fuel tank selector switch!

1973/74 has a manually operated fuel tank selector valve located adjacent to the drivers side of the seat.

The selector switch located in the heater control panel only changes the dash fuel gauge from one tank to the other.

D3TZ-9A050-A .. Selector Switch 3 terminals - marked: D3TB-9A050-AA / Obsolete

--------------------

1975/79 has a fuel tank selector valve and solenoid assy located on the cross member.

The selector switch located in the heater control panel switches the tanks and the dash fuel gauge from one tank to the other.

D5TZ-9A050-A .. Selector Switch 5 terminals - marked D5TB-9A050-A / Obsolete

From this it appears it will work for 75-79 and it will switch the tanks and fuel gauge between the tank sending units.

Hope that helps.

Good info! Thanks. :nabble_smiley_good: